Wheel spacers and new wheels

capncc

I added spidertrax wheel spacers on my 2011 Rubicon stock rims when I put some Nitto 295x70R17’s on. Now I’m upgrading to new rim size 17x9 4.5 backspace and -12 offset pairing with Nitto Ridge Grappler 35x12.50x 17. Should I remove the spidertrax spacers or leave them on?

Exodus 4x4

You’re probably going to want to keep them. They tend to rub the sway bar a little and on some lifts the rear sway bar links will be into the tire immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
I added spidertrax wheel spacers on my 2011 Rubicon stock rims when I put some Nitto 295x70R17’s on. Now I’m upgrading to new rim size 17x9 4.5 backspace and -12 offset pairing with Nitto Ridge Grappler 35x12.50x 17. Should I remove the spidertrax spacers or leave them on?

You should be good without. The spacers will increase the likelihood of bent rear axle flange and more wear and tear on the front. But with that said, they look great with the spacers installed on 4.5 back spaced wheels. They’ll extend around 3” beyond the edge if OEM flares.

BaddestCross

You’re probably going to want to keep them. They tend to rub the sway bar a little and on some lifts the rear sway bar links will be into the tire immediately.

☝️ This. You'll have to flip your rear sway links inboard for sure without the spacers.

You're in danger of bending rear flanges by looking at them the wrong way, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Top Bottom