JL-EXPERIENCE : REUNION - PART 1 | Overlanding Across the Mojave Desert

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you who are new to the world of Jeeps, there's an event that Mel Wade of Off Road Evolution had started years ago and it was known as, the JK-Experience or JKX for short. It was a week long off road adventure that took place all over the country and it was designed to showcase the Jeep JK Wrangler and all the aftermarket products being made for it. Of course, with the introduction of the all new Jeep JL Wrangler, the event has now become the JL-Experience and in 2018, it would take participants on an 1,100 mile journey and across four states.

It'd been a while since Cindy and I had attended this event and being that this time around, it literally started the day after SEMA, we weren't too sure if we could make it happen. But, being that this was the very first JLX, you know it was something that we just had to be a part of and we're so glad we did. If nothing else, it turned out to be a reunion of sorts as we got to hook up with old friends and some of which we haven't seen in a very long time. It really was good to see and wheel with everyone again and honestly, that alone made it all worth the while.

While Mel still runs the show, the JL-Experience is now a Nitto Tire event and this particular one was presented by KMC Wheels. To film the trip, they hired David Brumbley, a very talented and professional videographer and he will be responsible for the official video. Ali Mansour from Nitto's DrivingLine was also invited to cover the event and being that both guys were filming with badass RED cameras and DJI drones, you can be sure that awesome videos are coming your way. With that said, what you're about to see here is NOT an official video for the JLX. In fact, Cindy and I would like to apologize ahead of time for the marginal quality of our Sony Handycam, the lack of good camera angles and awesome footage of Jeeps from the outside as we could only film what we could. However, what we do have to offer you is a video journal, a behind the scenes look of what this trip was like and from our perspective.

In this first episode of REUNION, you'll get to see us meeting up with everyone at our starting point was in Primm, NV and you'll even get to see how some of the JL Wranglers, such as PSC and Synergy are built. From there, we'll take you on a ride across the Mojave Desert and along a length of the Old Mojave Road as we made our way to our destination of the day, Laughlin, NV. We know it isn't much but we hope you can still enjoy it for what it is.

WIN a Pair of NEW WAYALIFE Shot Glasses!!
If you'd like to WIN a pair of all NEW WAYALIFE Shot Glasses, all you have to do is post up a response on this thread and let us know what you think of the video. Doing this will automatically enter into our drawing. A WINNER will be selected at random and announced before our next video release.

IMG_3903.jpg

UPDATE 11/20/18: The WINNER is tjgoff :)

fiend

Caught the Bug
JL-EXPERIENCE : REUNION - A Behind the Scenes Look at the 1st Annual JLX / PART 1

Rancho glide plate! [emoji106][emoji106]

Lotta cooks in the kitchen on that tire change. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
JL-EXPERIENCE : REUNION - A Behind the Scenes Look at the 1st Annual JLX / PART 1

Some sweet jeeps at JLX! The PSC JL is a beast.

I’ve never seen anyone slam a wheel into a tire like that, crazy!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
So refreshing to see a video like this. You guys kick ass. Brings me back to the old days of the jkx videos capturing the every moment of goods and the bads on film. Thank you both Eddie and Cindy. Although busy and exhausted, you created a perfect quality video.

benatc1

Hooked
Loved the video, really enjoy the experience part as much if not more than the wheeling highlights. Tha m you for sharing and looking fwd to more vids.

Couple other notes, that PSC JL seemed huge and not knocking on the synergy guys but how do you go on that trip without a spare??

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Andy5160

Hooked
Ohhh guys you rock [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]
Thank you for so much needed drug to satisfy my addiction!!!!
Did you get Rancho 3.5 lift even before SEMA it is so cool. All those built up JL’s are so bad ass which makes me want to just pull the trigger and get one. The struggle is real and if I do would most like end up living in a JEEP [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Great team work and effort in good and bad situations.
This is what WAYALIFE is about and I am happy to be a part of it [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
Just finished the video, and all I can say is I can't wait for the next one! love to see all you guys in the videos and I really love all the videos you guys do. I really like the way you're doing your videos now...And of course how you used to do them but now it's just a more personal experience. So awesome to see this and it looks like it's going to be one hell of a ride for the first JLX!!!!! Keep the videos coming!!!! My daughter and I can't wait!

Also awesome job on the SEMA coverage!

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Rancho glide plate! [emoji106][emoji106]

Lotta cooks in the kitchen on that tire change. [emoji23]

LOL!! What can I say - if it works, it works.

As far as the tire change goes, everyone just wanted to be of help. It was all good.

I’ll have to watch it tomorrow as it is 8:30 and I gotta be up at 1am, but I’m sure it’s good as is everything y’all make!

Hope you like it when you get to see it. :cool:

You can always tell the guys who run desert trails a lot... They've got the dust lights as one of the first mods. 🤣

Glad you guys were able to participate and bring us along for the ride. Good start to the series! 🍻

Glad you liked it and hope you enjoy the rest. :cool:

Good work guys! I Love the coverage!

Thank you. We apologize for not getting better footage and glad that you were still able to enjoy what we were able to get.

Great video as always!

Thank you :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Some sweet jeeps at JLX! The PSC JL is a beast.

I’ve never seen anyone slam a wheel into a tire like that, crazy!!

LOL!! I've seen Mel do it before but not quite like Harris. He tapped into beast mod for that :crazyeyes:

So refreshing to see a video like this. You guys kick ass. Brings me back to the old days of the jkx videos capturing the every moment of goods and the bads on film. Thank you both Eddie and Cindy. Although busy and exhausted, you created a perfect quality video.

Thank you. We are totally beat but trying to get these videos out as soon as we can. We're so glad to hear you still enjoyed the video in spite of our inability to get the kind of footage that the film crew was able to get. The most we can show is what the trip was like for us.

Loved the video, really enjoy the experience part as much if not more than the wheeling highlights. Tha m you for sharing and looking fwd to more vids.

Couple other notes, that PSC JL seemed huge and not knocking on the synergy guys but how do you go on that trip without a spare??

Not sure what they were thinking but I don't think they meant any harm. Never a good idea to wheel without a spare especially when you're running custom wheels to fit bigger brakes.

After seeing the crew for this JLX...all I can say is," oh Man! Let the games begin.!" :rock::rock:

LOL!! Been way too long my friend.

Ohhh guys you rock [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]
Thank you for so much needed drug to satisfy my addiction!!!!
Did you get Rancho 3.5 lift even before SEMA it is so cool. All those built up JL’s are so bad ass which makes me want to just pull the trigger and get one. The struggle is real and if I do would most like end up living in a JEEP [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Great team work and effort in good and bad situations.
This is what WAYALIFE is about and I am happy to be a part of it [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Thank you, it's great to have you here and apart of the team :)

Just finished the video, and all I can say is I can't wait for the next one! love to see all you guys in the videos and I really love all the videos you guys do. I really like the way you're doing your videos now...And of course how you used to do them but now it's just a more personal experience. So awesome to see this and it looks like it's going to be one hell of a ride for the first JLX!!!!! Keep the videos coming!!!! My daughter and I can't wait!

Also awesome job on the SEMA coverage!

Thank you. We're so glad that you were okay with the way we did this video. Being that we couldn't get any shots from the outside, we tried our hardest to share what we were seeing and doing in a more personal way.

Great video! Looks like it’s a blast wheeling with that group [emoji106]

Definitely a good time :)

So grateful you brought us along. Harris is a beast lol. Can’t believe he slammed that beadlock in there like that. Pure awesomeness. Can’t wait for part 2

Slimebones

Glad you got to see some of your old friends on this trip. Definitely makes it special. Good start to a memorable trip. Looks like the JL cruises along real smooth with your setup.

MericaMade

Great video. I love Laughlin, I love Harris, and I love El Burro Borracho. Plus you add the Jeep into it it's like four of my favorite things.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So grateful you brought us along. Harris is a beast lol. Can’t believe he slammed that beadlock in there like that. Pure awesomeness. Can’t wait for part 2

LOL!! If you've ever tried throwing a wheel into a tire like that, you know how hard it really is or at least, not without having the tire bounce back in your face and breaking your nose and teeth :crazyeyes:

Glad you got to see some of your old friends on this trip. Definitely makes it special. Good start to a memorable trip. Looks like the JL cruises along real smooth with your setup.

Surprisingly, the Rancho coils and shocks did a great job off providing a great ride. Perhaps the only downside to it was that it's a bit on the tall side. Would have been better if we were running 40's... Hmmmm :hmm: :crazyeyes:

Really cool video. Brings WAYALIFE to life.

Thank you, we're so glad you liked it :)

Great video. I love Laughlin, I love Harris, and I love El Burro Borracho. Plus you add the Jeep into it it's like for my favorite things.

LOL!! Thank you. :cool:

Top Bottom