Knock sensor codes

ThatJeepGuy

2013 JKUS 3.6 automatic transmission

No power adders and no tuning other than tire size and gear ratio issues occurred before mods were added

This issue began around 90k on the clock, I’m now around 117k.

CEL was on and off intermittently for the codes in the photos at first. Then it was staying on until I would clear it, drive ~20 miles and it would be back on. I should say that I have experienced NO drivability issues because of these codes just a CEL.

I had both knock sensors replaced with new MOPAR sensors by a FCA certified dealership mechanic a while back with no change to the way the Jeep acted at all.

Hoping that someone here has either personally dealt with these issues or knows someone who has and can at least point me in the right direction here.

Thanks in advance guys!

IMG_9519.jpg
IMG_8364.jpg
IMG_8365.jpg

Yes these pictures were taken at different times. The rest of the codes are unrelated to the issue as they are from hyper flashing blinkers and my abs delete switch.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

ProtocolJK

I had a similar issue with my 2012 a few months ago. I was told by the dealer either the sensors were bad or there was a short in the wiring harness. I decided to replace the sensors myself and when I pulled the intake manifold I found the front sensor was very loose and rattling around. I changed both sensors sense I was already into it and I haven’t had any issues since. I would take it back to the dealer who did the work and make them check the sensors.

ThatJeepGuy

Any chance of rodent issues and chewed wires?

Not that I’m aware of. Jeep was stock with 80k and garage kept in Michigan. when I bought it from the dealer it hadn’t been on the lot for more than a day then it sat in my mother in laws garage for 2 weeks until I picked it up and drove it to Colorado. Made it to about 90k that’s when the trouble started. When we did the sensors we didn’t notice any damaged wires or wire loom.

ThatJeepGuy

Finally got all of this sorted out! Ended up being a seized vacuum pump which really pissed off the PCM and eventually melted a bunch of wires and sensors which lead the dealer tech to the vacuum pump as the source!

jeeeep

Hooked
Finally got all of this sorted out! Ended up being a seized vacuum pump which really pissed off the PCM and eventually melted a bunch of wires and sensors which lead the dealer tech to the vacuum pump as the source!

damn! glad you got it sorted out :thumb:

JeepTech

Yeah they said they put notes in the System about it! Lol

Those are the ones that usually get sent my way. I usually get ones that people can’t figure out. I do all mostly transmissions and diesels now but I will do whatever when need be. Glad they figured it out. Sounds like they possibly got Chrysler tech support involved as well. That would have been a head scratchers that is for sure.

Top Bottom