Time for a little lift. In need of advice.

jijk

Apparently it took too long for me to compose the last description and I was logged off...

Here is the short and sweet. Can't go the 2.5 and 35's. Won't fit in the garage and don't want to have to regear. Max tire size I will be going with is 34" Looking at either the Teraflex 1.5 leveling kit or AEV 2" BB. I understand that there is very little difference between the spacers. Is it worth the $ to go with AEV for the additional items? Ie: brake line brackets, bump stops, shock extensions?

Would there be any major benefit going with the TF performance leveling kit? Are there any options that I might be missing?

Thanks for the help.
Jeremy

Rock-itman

Apparently it took too long for me to compose the last description and I was logged off...

Here is the short and sweet. Can't go the 2.5 and 35's. Won't fit in the garage and don't want to have to regear. Max tire size I will be going with is 34" Looking at either the Teraflex 1.5 leveling kit or AEV 2" BB. I understand that there is very little difference between the spacers. Is it worth the $ to go with AEV for the additional items? Ie: brake line brackets, bump stops, shock extensions?

Would there be any major benefit going with the TF performance leveling kit? Are there any options that I might be missing?

Thanks for the help.
Jeremy

Go the 3.5" Kit , Just air down before entering garage ????? :cheesy::rock:

Philip *AZ*

Banned
I would search around the site. There are lots and lots of lift threads. A popular choice is a 2.5" BB. You could run 33's, but if your thinkin 34's just go 35. There isnt that much difference. I run 35's and do just fine on stock gears.

Paratroopers stay up longer!

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Im on a 3.5" Rock Krawler lift. I got tons of fender clearance. Im cutting my fenders Monday so my 35's will probably look like 33's after..lol..

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Thanks for the help.
Jeremy

Are you sure you won't fit into your garage? I have a JK riding on 40" tires and coil overs and still fit under a standard 7' garage header.

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Are you sure you won't fit into your garage? I have a JK riding on 40" tires and coil overs and still fit under a standard 7' garage header.

I was askin myself the same thing.. My 3.5" keeps me pretty low. All of my suspension has settled in as well. It squatted down a hair, but its perfect. I fit under my friends awning at roughly 7ft

jijk

40's and coilovers and still fit... I may have to do some more measuring today. Definitely don't want to settle if I can get away with what I really want.

Thanks,

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
40's and coilovers and still fit... I may have to do some more measuring today. Definitely don't want to settle if I can get away with what I really want.

Thanks,

Well, don't get me wrong, there are plenty of ways to jack your Jeep sky high but doing that is never a good idea unless you want it all for looks. I literally have my Jeep sitting on about 4.5" of lift to clear it's 40" tires and still only come in at about 6'-10" at its tallest point.

rtguy1

Can we get a measurement of your garage opening? Then u will get the best info on what u can use to still fit:yup:

jijk

Just measured again. From floor to header is 75" So much for standard heights...

Looks like a small BB or flat fenders may be the way I have to go. Or invest in a good rain cover.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You may be fine with a budget boost and 35's. Like I said, I am close to the 75" mark on mine and I have way more lift the 2.5 inches.

jijk

I appreciate the help. Might even see if I can move or change some of the molding around the door. Nothing like over thinking things.

Top Bottom