Excessive Road Force

tjgoff

Took the Jeep to the shop yesterday because I picked up a nail. Had the balance the tires because I had a little shake in the right front. They said I had excessive road force. Basically. Tire is balanced but will still shake. They suggested rotating the tire on the shell but I didn’t have time yesterday. If that doesn’t work I’ll have to replace the tire. I’m wondering if you guys know of anything I might have done to cause this, or could do to avoid it in the future?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Took the Jeep to the shop yesterday because I picked up a nail. Had the balance the tires because I had a little shake in the right front. They said I had excessive road force. Basically. Tire is balanced but will still shake. They suggested rotating the tire on the shell but I didn’t have time yesterday. If that doesn’t work I’ll have to replace the tire. I’m wondering if you guys know of anything I might have done to cause this, or could do to avoid it in the future?

Likely nothing you've done. It's just an out of balance tire.

Road force balancing is more accurate. Instead of just spinning a tire on a machine, the road force Machine presses a large drum against the tire to simulate vehicle weight on it against the road. Then while the tire spins, it is more accurate as to where it is out of balance and how much.

WJCO

Meme King
I worked in a shop through college (late 90s, early 2000s) and had never heard of it. I figured it was some new fangled contraption.

I started seeing it in shops in the early 2000s. I've seen it balance tires that a normal dynamic balancer couldn't. Pretty cool actually. Time-consuming to use though.

Top Bottom