Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: I cannot get my beadlocks to inflate

  1. #1
    Been Around the Block phillypete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    312

    I cannot get my beadlocks to inflate

    Ladies and Gents,

    I have a beautiful set of 40Ē Toyo MTs and KCM Machetes ready to go onto my JKU, but I canít get the darn things to inflate.

    I watched all the videos and read as many of the threads that I could. The rings mounted just fine, but when I try to add air to seat the back lip my compressor huffs and puffs but the tire builds no pressure. Itís hard to say for sure but I believe the air is escaping from the back lip.

    Iím just about finished with my axle swap and Iíd hate to have this be the last thing keeping me off the trail!

  2. #2
    Resident Smartass OverlanderJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    29,004
    Just move the tire around until it doesnít leak air. It will create a tight seal quick after. I usually pick up the tire and slam it down a couple times and itíll seat.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES


    2012 JK
    1975 DJ5

  3. #3
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    placentia
    Posts
    32
    wrap a tie down around the center of the tread of tire and pull it down tight until tire starts inflating.

  4. #4
    Addict Ddays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Darlington, Pa
    Posts
    8,024
    ^^ these. I had to use a ratchet strap on one of mine.

  5. #5
    Nothing but a Thing jdofmemi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Menifee CA
    Posts
    1,240
    Make sure the bead is lubricated as well.
    Take the valve core out to get air in faster.
    It helps to have more air volume. Is your compressor too small?

  6. #6
    Nothing but a Thing Coop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,917
    ^^^This too! Make sure you have removed the valve core.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  7. #7
    Nothing but a Thing 13_gecko_rubi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Commerce, MI
    Posts
    1,131
    I've inflated / seated mine with my wife's $15 compressor from walmart I keep in her car.

    Do you have the rim sitting on a.bucket so the tire weight is forcing it down onto the inner bead? Also what those said above helps too.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

  8. #8
    Resident Smartass OverlanderJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    29,004
    Quote Originally Posted by jdofmemi View Post
    Make sure the bead is lubricated as well.
    Take the valve core out to get air in faster.
    It helps to have more air volume. Is your compressor too small?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    ^^^This too! Make sure you have removed the valve core.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Iíve never taken the valve core out.

    Quote Originally Posted by 13_gecko_rubi View Post
    I've inflated / seated mine with my wife's $15 compressor from walmart I keep in her car.

    Do you have the rim sitting on a.bucket so the tire weight is forcing it down onto the inner bead? Also what those said above helps too.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Yeah Iíve used my crappy viair every time.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES


    2012 JK
    1975 DJ5

  9. #9
    Knows a Thing or Two MericaMade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    SoCaL
    Posts
    503
    Quote Originally Posted by phillypete View Post
    Ladies and Gents,

    I have a beautiful set of 40Ē Toyo MTs and KCM Machetes ready to go onto my JKU, but I canít get the darn things to inflate.

    I watched all the videos and read as many of the threads that I could. The rings mounted just fine, but when I try to add air to seat the back lip my compressor huffs and puffs but the tire builds no pressure. Itís hard to say for sure but I believe the air is escaping from the back lip.

    Iím just about finished with my axle swap and Iíd hate to have this be the last thing keeping me off the trail!
    I use soapy water on back bead. I leave them on a bucket backside of the wheel facing down and let gravity help pull the tire down towards the bead. I also keep the vale stems out till it pops.

  10. #10
    Been Around the Block phillypete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    312
    Thanks everyone. Iíll give these suggestions a shot tomorrow night.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Re-selling tire advice (beadlocks to non-beadlocks)
    By boardsurfer in forum Wheels & Tires
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 03-04-2018, 06:17 AM
  2. Beadlocks
    By metalic in forum Wanted (Active Members ONLY)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-06-2018, 11:42 PM
  3. DIY Beadlocks
    By jkugeza in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-18-2017, 04:20 AM
  4. Trade 18" beadlocks for 17" beadlocks
    By OhNoTheJiggies in forum Wanted (Active Members ONLY)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-24-2015, 03:01 AM
  5. Let's See Your Beadlocks
    By K.D.C.H in forum Jeep Show & Tell
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 12-25-2014, 04:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
ďwayoflifeĒ is a moniker that Iíve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS