I cannot get my beadlocks to inflate

phillypete

Ladies and Gents,

I have a beautiful set of 40” Toyo MTs and KCM Machetes ready to go onto my JKU, but I can’t get the darn things to inflate.

I watched all the videos and read as many of the threads that I could. The rings mounted just fine, but when I try to add air to seat the back lip my compressor huffs and puffs but the tire builds no pressure. It’s hard to say for sure but I believe the air is escaping from the back lip.

I’m just about finished with my axle swap and I’d hate to have this be the last thing keeping me off the trail!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Just move the tire around until it doesn’t leak air. It will create a tight seal quick after. I usually pick up the tire and slam it down a couple times and it’ll seat.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Tee

wrap a tie down around the center of the tread of tire and pull it down tight until tire starts inflating.

jdofmemi

Make sure the bead is lubricated as well.
Take the valve core out to get air in faster.
It helps to have more air volume. Is your compressor too small?

Coop

Caught the Bug
^^^This too! Make sure you have removed the valve core.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I've inflated / seated mine with my wife's $15 compressor from walmart I keep in her car.

Do you have the rim sitting on a.bucket so the tire weight is forcing it down onto the inner bead? Also what those said above helps too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Make sure the bead is lubricated as well.
Take the valve core out to get air in faster.
It helps to have more air volume. Is your compressor too small?

^^^This too! Make sure you have removed the valve core.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’ve never taken the valve core out.

I've inflated / seated mine with my wife's $15 compressor from walmart I keep in her car.

Do you have the rim sitting on a.bucket so the tire weight is forcing it down onto the inner bead? Also what those said above helps too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah I’ve used my crappy viair every time.

MericaMade

Ladies and Gents,

I have a beautiful set of 40” Toyo MTs and KCM Machetes ready to go onto my JKU, but I can’t get the darn things to inflate.

I watched all the videos and read as many of the threads that I could. The rings mounted just fine, but when I try to add air to seat the back lip my compressor huffs and puffs but the tire builds no pressure. It’s hard to say for sure but I believe the air is escaping from the back lip.

I’m just about finished with my axle swap and I’d hate to have this be the last thing keeping me off the trail!

I use soapy water on back bead. I leave them on a bucket backside of the wheel facing down and let gravity help pull the tire down towards the bead. I also keep the vale stems out till it pops.

TheGrendel

Use the ratchet strap method. Put a 2 inch width strap if you have it. Cinch it around the tire. Should bead easily.

Sullivan

Spray some soapy water on it to see where it’s leaking from. But most likely the back bead.
Do what some others said and rest it on a bucket. Then push down on Tire as you inflate.

Top Bottom