Dog Ramps/Stairs

MDK210

Anybody have a dog ramp or stairs they use for the back seat/doors of their Jeeps? I can find products that are meant for the cargo area but due to the design of the rear doors it doesn’t seem to accommodate a ramp especially for large breed dogs. Pics are appreciated as well, thank you.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
My dogs are 140 and 165 pounds each and getting them out is the bigger problem. Both will get in with a little boost from picking their rumps up but the one won’t get out. I need to make a ramp of some sort myself.

Total bum deal. But just the other day my dog jumped in the back of the truck. Her back leg/foot fell between the tailgate and bed floor. Her momentum was still going forward as she got a running start then an instant stop when her leg got stuck. She’s still limping around. Not broken thankfully!

I’ve always chuckled at people with doggie ramps or lifting their fully capable dog. But now here I am lifting my dumb ass boxer so she won’t further hurt her leg. Karma I guess.

Last edited:

Bierpower

Hooked
Total bum deal. But just the other day my dog jumped in the back of the truck. Her back leg/foot fell between the tailgate and bed floor. Her momentum was still going forward as she got a running start then an instant stop when her leg got stuck. She’s still limping around. Not broken thankfully!

I’ve always chuckled at people with doggie ramps or lifting their fully capable dog. But now here I am lifting my dumb ass boxer so she won’t further hurt her leg. Karma I guess.
I always kept a heavy outdoor mat in the back of my truck to slide over that gap when the dogs were jumping in.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jsouder53

Hooked

Glad to hear it’s not broken! It’s always sad when accidents like that happen.

Just yesterday, Bear got excited when I opened the door to let him out. He somehow got his paw stuck between the carpet and the fold of metal from the body of the Jeep to hold the carpet down. He was yiping so loud while we were at the gas station which was embarrassing lol and sadly his claw ended up mostly breaking off. Still partially attached but I’ll have to take him in tomorrow to get it fully removed. I would clip it, but it’s at awkward angle

catahoula

Caught the Bug

Sorry to hear that. Mine had gotten a torn ACL later.

MDK210

we bought this ramp for our lab and older king Charles, it works well.

mostly for when the lab rides, we can pick up the smaller dog.
Does it work well for gaining access to the backseat or do you put your lab in the cargo area?

Top Bottom