Oh she’s finally dead. Odyssey battery question.

Hey all. The battery in my 2014 finally gave up. I did some research and came across a post here from back in 2016. Back then the Odyssey 34R-PC1500 seemed to be the go-to option. Just wondering if that is still the case or if there have been better options come around?

Currently running a winch, two sets of auxiliary lights, CB and ARB twin compressor. I live in salt lake so our winters are cold and our summers are hot and Mother Nature can’t seem to tell the fucking difference at times.

zimm

Caught the Bug
super edit- I mentioned Odyssey was bad in my KTM. I was wrong, that was a Shorai Lithium that wouldn't start in the cold. Nevermind....

Last edited:

jeeeep

Hooked
the X2Power from batteries plus and the Odyssey are built on the same design from the guy that originally engineered the batteries

I've had the Odyssey for several years now and haven't had any issues. I bought the Extreme Odyssey because it has auxiliary terminals on top - 34M-PC1500ST-M

X2Power also has a similar battery - X2Power Premium AGM BCI Group 34M Dual Purpose, SLI34AGMDPM

the Odyssey has a little more AH storage, both have a 48 replacement warranty but for the price I'd get the X2 for the dual purpose . It's about $100 cheaper and Batteries Plus usually stocks them.

I picked one up via the wayalife amazon link last year. Still going good. Only thing I run is a fridge but happy to say I haven’t had to jump start the Jeep since I bought the battery.

jesse3638

Hooked
I picked up an Interstate battery from Costco for $89 plus core. I know it's not an AGM but for the price I couldn't beat it. It's been working well and I did drain it by accident and after a jump it hasn't shown any signs of going bad.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I picked up an Interstate battery from Costco for $89 plus core. I know it's not an AGM but for the price I couldn't beat it. It's been working well and I did drain it by accident and after a jump it hasn't shown any signs of going bad.

Awesome! I might just check that one out to get me by for a bit. I literally have to jump it every morning and if I leave it for more than a few hours, and I’m sure it’s getting close to the point where a jump won’t even get her going.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I used to run the Odyssey in my Dune Buggy and it always seemed solid.. In my trucks I always go with Interstate.. On my Jeep I do plan on running a fridge and winch in the future, so I have a dumb question... whats wrong with Optima Batteries? Did that company go to shit?

Sometimes forgetting to shut the ARB fridge off when done with a trip and parked in the garage for days I killed the stock battery. I have been running the Odessey battery for a year now and have had no issues. I am really pleased with the Odyssey.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks all. Sounds like the Odyssey is still a good option. The local interstate dealers here seem to be just as much as just buying an Odyssey so I think I’ll just go that rout. Good question above about the optima, I ran the yellow top in my land cruiser for years but haven’t heard much about them for the JK. They do show an option but being that nobody here has really mentioned it, I’m guessing there are better choices.

jesse3638

Hooked
Thanks all. Sounds like the Odyssey is still a good option. The local interstate dealers here seem to be just as much as just buying an Odyssey so I think I’ll just go that rout. Good question above about the optima, I ran the yellow top in my land cruiser for years but haven’t heard much about them for the JK. They do show an option but being that nobody here has really mentioned it, I’m guessing there are better choices.
I ran a yellow top in my old Titan and it lasted years. I've heard the quality of Optima isn't what it used to be and a lot of people are not getting the life expectancy that once was. For that much money it seems they should outlast most batteries. Costco is significantly cheaper than most auto part stores.

Last edited:
As I understand it Optima battery is now made in China, Odyssey is made in Warrensburg Mo, I’ve been running the Odyssey for 3 years and it’s never had an issue and that’s saying something in the Arizona heat.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom