EVO Plush Ride Coils

Jsouder53

Hooked
A couple years ago before I knew about WAYALIFE I had a friend talk me into metal cloak dual rate coils... Needless to say, I am no longer friends with him lol (just kidding, I moved away...)

The only thing I like about them is they haven’t sagged like the rough country coils I had before them.

I’m tired of the rough roads around here with rough coils and I’m starting to think about switching. I’m just a little worried about getting another coil I don’t like. I know the EVO plush ride coils will ride smooth, but I’m worried that they will sag over time since they are a softer coil...

I do have a heavy Jeep with plenty of skid plates, heavy bumper and tire carrier and I carrier my tools for work just about daily.

WJCO

Meme King
They really do ride nice. Why not just add a .500 spacer along with them to be safe?

WJCO

Meme King
Wish I could add more info, but our JK is a daily driver. It does have an lod signature series bumper with a warn Zeon 10, but other that that , not much extra weight. But the Evo plush ride springs are awesome. I haven't noticed any sag in the front visually.

The WJ is our heavy trail rig with tools, gear, etc.

Last edited:

Jsouder53

Hooked
Wish I could add more info, but our JK is a daily driver. It does have an lod signature series bumper with a warn Zeon 10, but other that that , not much extra weight. But the Evo plush ride springs are awesome. I haven't noticed any sag in the front visually.

The WJ is our heavy trail rig with tools, gear, etc.

Makes sense, what coils do you run on the WJ?

What shocks do you plan to run? I feel that helps as well.

I just recently installed rancho rs9000xl shocks, it didn’t help as much as I was hoping. Which just helped me narrow it down to the coils causing the rough ride

From what I hear, they are accurate on a 4 door. I got about 3.5" until they settled to about 2.75-3" on my 2 door.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Settled as in loaded with everything? Or as in over time they settled?

I have them. Accurate on a 4 door. They ride nice!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Very cool! I’m glad to here that [emoji106]

fiend

Caught the Bug
Look at Synergy coils too. My JKU is not light. Steel bumpers, heavy hydraulic winch, sliders, skid plates, sport cage, auxiliary gas tank, etc. My 4.5” synergy coils have a nice ride and haven’t sagged for the 6 or so years I’ve had them. They make a 3” coil too.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jsouder53

Hooked
Look at Synergy coils too. My JKU is not light. Steel bumpers, heavy hydraulic winch, sliders, skid plates, sport cage, auxiliary gas tank, etc. My 4.5” synergy coils have a nice ride and haven’t sagged for the 6 or so years I’ve had them. They make a 3” coil too.

Oh wow. Thank you for the idea of synergy! I’m looking for any thoughts on other coils as well! Anything that rides well and doesn’t sag with time

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
I run 3” plush rides with the Rancho 9000s . Very happy with ride . Switched from TF 2.5” coils and see significant lift .

Run 0.5” spacers all around except for back left where I run 2” spacer . This kills the lean and gets me flat close to all around with front slightly higher . Have heavy front and rear bumpers, sliders, aluminum skids, and winch . Photo for ref

IMG_0457.JPG

zimm

Caught the Bug
I'm running 3" plush rides so I can fit in my garage. They're great. 1/2" spacers on the passenger side front and rear levels out the "JK lean". Don't freak out when you first lower your jeep after installing the coils, they "settle in" over a few days to their ride height.

I'm fairly heavy with steel bumper, body mount carrier, skid, roll cage.

View attachment 314735

Top Bottom