Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to Suffocate Your JL Wrangler...

Hot damn! Thatís a lot. Did you take the intake off and check out the throttle body?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 JK
    1975 DJ5

How to Suffocate Your JL Wrangler...

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Just like me after working on Jeeps on the Rubicon

Not yet but I got a new filter for it and will do one soon.

Indeed. After seeing the mess CAI's and other high flow filters can cause, I am now a firm believer in OE paper filters.

Yup, I was really expecting the worst but so happy to see just how well the OE filter did.

I have found the OE paper filter on the JK to do significantly better than any K&N or otherwise but after a run like this, I would still find traces of dust inside the air tube and oil that was dirtier than I would think is normal. In fact, I would normally change both right afterward. This time around, my air tube on my JL looked surprisingly clean and my oil, something I had just changed before the trip, still looked good as well.
    Oh yea I know in my experience in racing in the desert paper filter is always better than any CAI we would even run a pre-filter. Would running a thin layer of grease on the edges of the stock filter help make a better seal.

2016 JKU

IMG_8568.JPG
    🤪

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    Hot damn! Thatís a lot. Did you take the intake off and check out the throttle body?
    I was going to but after seeing how clean the air tube was, I didn't bother. I may still when I get a chance though.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwrds View Post
    Oh yea I know in my experience in racing in the desert paper filter is always better than any CAI we would even run a pre-filter. Would running a thin layer of grease on the edges of the stock filter help make a better seal.
    Possibly. Fortunately, the edges of the JL paper filter is a soft silicon like seal. I think it does a pretty good job all on its own.

Wow that is just crazy! Is there a difference between Mopar or something like Fram or Wix ? For a JK

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget View Post
    Sorry, when I asked about the cabin filter write up I meant for the JK.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    In the process of changing my cabin filter in a 17 JK I found it didnít come with one from the factory. Donít know if this is common but I was surprised for sure. It was when I did the 20k service.

Not yet but I got a new filter for it and will do one soon.

Indeed. After seeing the mess CAI's and other high flow filters can cause, I am now a firm believer in OE paper filters.

Yup, I was really expecting the worst but so happy to see just how well the OE filter did.

I have found the OE paper filter on the JK to do significantly better than any K&N or otherwise but after a run like this, I would still find traces of dust inside the air tube and oil that was dirtier than I would think is normal. In fact, I would normally change both right afterward. This time around, my air tube on my JL looked surprisingly clean and my oil, something I had just changed before the trip, still looked good as well.
    I had done some research when I wanted a cold air intake for my truck. I was surprised to find out there wasnít much difference between oem and upgrades. The newer filters actually allow a much higher volume of air through than before and much cleaner . Testing and technology is getting better year after year.

Been Around the Block Seahawkfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lojo View Post
    In the process of changing my cabin filter in a 17 JK I found it didnít come with one from the factory. Donít know if this is common but I was surprised for sure. It was when I did the 20k service.

My 2011 didn't come with a cabin filter either.

An important lesson I learned from this forum is to change the filter regularly. And that is just on my JK. Glad to see a quality factory filter on the JL. Iíll be sure to change that one....assuming I ever see dust again.

Thank for the vid!
    I think I may consider lifting my Jeep. Or not.
    The Evolution of ENVY

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123