Non-Jeep truck

mstraw9379

Here's a question for you truck guys. Good and bad of the F150?

My wife wants a truck and she knows someone that has anolder one, so that is what she wants. What should I look for, avoid, etc.?

TrailHunter

Hooked
Here's a question for you truck guys. Good and bad of the F150?

My wife wants a truck and she knows someone that has anolder one, so that is what she wants. What should I look for, avoid, etc.?

I just picked up a 2018 F150 w/ the 2.7 ecoboost.... and I'm very happy with it thus far. What year are you looking at ?

JKbrick

I would avoid Ford, Kind of joking. I tried ford in the years the triton motors liked to shit the spark plugs out of the heads but you wouldn’t want one that old anyway

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ruvicon

I have a 2001 F-150 with 200k miles and have only had to replace the fuel pump and one $30 engine sensor. I’m very happy with it. Can’t speak to the newer ones, but I’d buy Ford over others in a heartbeat.

TrailHunter

Hooked
We are looking 2015 or newer.

I’m a GM guy, and this is my first newer Ford... but I am extremely pleased with the 2018. I looked into the 15-17 and I ultimately chose an 18 because of one key engine upgrade and the 10 speed trans... the previous ecoboost engines (and I think the 5.0) only had direct injection... problem is that the back of the valves were getting gummed up and there is no easy fix. In 2018 they went to direct and Port injection... Hopefully this helps rectify the problem. Fingers crossed this truck runs strong for 10 years.

Definitely get power seats for your wife... The manuals don’t adjust up & down... and get the Sync 3 with the 8” screen... It works seamless with the phone.

If your going to Tow more than 8k a lot.. get the 5.0 or 3.5... if mpg is main concern the 2.7 is awesome... Drive it, in Sport mode... you’ll see. I would get a 2018 if you can... they are making great deals. I got 6k off sticker and 0% interest.. thats basically 9k in savings. Best of Luck. [emoji1417]

Zstairlessone

I traded in a 2012 for a 2018 with the V8. My sharpshooter was digging gouges in the bed until I had it lined. The new one is much quieter, gets better mileage but the new vents suck (first world problems). Apple CarPlay is a game changer.

TrailHunter

Hooked
LOL!!! Agreed! I never liked the idea of the aluminum truck beds...

I was skeptical... but within the first week I had it loaded to the Rails with lumber... it’s a non issue. GM is moving to a plastic bed if not Aluminum. Its the direction they’re all going. It’s all about payload & towing numbers... lighten the truck, numbers go up... Steel or Aluminum, it gets the job done. I was careful with my steel bed just the same.

Jsouder53

Hooked
I was skeptical... but within the first week I had it loaded to the Rails with lumber... it’s a non issue. GM is moving to a plastic bed if not Aluminum. Its the direction they’re all going. It’s all about payload & towing numbers... lighten the truck, numbers go up... Steel or Aluminum, it gets the job done. I was careful with my steel bed just the same.

I’m glad to hear it’s not an issue [emoji106] I have a bed liner as well. I can’t believe they are moving to plastic! That’s absurd... but makes sense on numbers I’m sure. I’ll stick with my 2001 steel bed till it’s dead, however long that is [emoji51] I still have to fix that coil pack [emoji23] the parts are sitting and waiting to be installed

Top Bottom