problem while driving

altiery

I was driving today and all of the sudden I felt the acceleration of my car stop. I let off the gas pedal then pressed it again and it was as if I wasn't pushing it at all, to the point of not having a gas pedal at all my jeep stop complete and shut down then i started again and engine start normal its not the first time this happen the last thing i change was the crank sensor and i check and the mechanic from the dealer check for a code but no code found. any ideas??

altiery

I was driving today and all of the sudden I felt the acceleration of my car stop. I let off the gas pedal then pressed it again and it was as if I wasn't pushing it at all, to the point of not having a gas pedal at all my jeep stop complete and shut down then i started again and engine start normal its not the first time this happen the last thing i change was the crank sensor and i check and the mechanic from the dealer check for a code but no code found. any ideas??

Hi, how good is the gas where you are buying it there in Puerto Rico? It’s a long shot but might be a clogged fuel pickup. How old is the Jeep?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I use shell and sometimes total

My jeep is 2011 and have like 112,349 miles

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have a 2011 too[emoji16]. It’s not very old. Are you getting a check engine light? The JKs fuel filters are in the tank. It’s possible to get a clogged fuel pick up when running then when stopped the stuff falls off and it will run fine again for a while. Not normally an issue any more in the states but PR has had more than its share of hard times lately. It wouldn’t surprise me if some of the gas station tanks have picked up some gunk and or water. I would ask your shop to check the pressure at the rail. Especially if you are getting a check engine light.
I’m just guessing so hopefully someone else will chime in.

Top Bottom