Right Blinker Light Issue

Kaylasiemon

My right blinker light isn’t flashing for some reason. I am getting a message that the right blinker is out on my dash & it’s clicking quickly but there is no flash, the light stays a solid yellow.

With my parking lights on, the right blinker is light as usual lit as usual. I have my blinker wired to my halos & side mirrors & none of them are flashing when I turn the right blinker on. My side markers are lit either. I read somewhere that it could be my ground but I don’t know where to find that. Everything has been working great for the last few months. Not sure what’s going on. Any advice?

Here are pictures of what it should do (left blinker on) & what it looks like now. IMG_7820.JPG IMG_7822.JPG IMG_7821.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Friend had the same issue, ended up being the TIPM on its way out. He had OE lights though, you may want to double check those first.

Kaylasiemon

I’ll check. I worked okay up until now. One time it went out the halos & the mirrors still blinked, just the actual blinker didn’t flash. Do you know where I’d look for the ground?

Kaylasiemon

I’ll check. I worked okay up until now. One time it went out the halos & the mirrors still blinked, just the actual blinker didn’t flash. Do you know where I’d look for the ground?

Rapid cycling as you mentioned usually is caused by a blown bulb. Have you checked the bulbs?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kaylasiemon

I don’t think it’s the bulb because they are all still lit when I put it in the parking light position. I have the side mirrors & halos wired to the blinker wire & none of them are working. Could it be something with the wiring harness maybe? Or something with the blinker wire?

Kaylasiemon

So I ended up unplugging the positive & the negative terminals & holding them together for 30 seconds. Read it online somewhere & it’s supposed to reset the ECU. Started working as usual after that but then it went out about an hour after going through the car wash. I repeated the process I did above & it started working perfectly again & I haven’t had an issue since. Any ideas what could be happening that’s requiring me to reset the ECU?

JAGS

Hooked
It’s a fuse. Yours is a 2011 so you’ll need to see which one controls that blinker and what the amp is to replace.

JAGS

Hooked
On another forum, I read that JKs don’t have fuses for the blinkers. It said they are in soldered on the circuit board? Do you know what the fuse would be called?

The other forum is full of shit. Because this happened to me a few years back. I have a 2012 and it was either M17 or M18. It then happened to eddie and a few others and it was the same fuse issue.

Not sure what the fuse would be in a 2011.

Top Bottom