flipped my swaybar link

rtguy1

If it flipped u need to set them longer. Making the swaybar level at ride height doesn't always work, especially when u have serious droop.....this happens.

Dave_g

I assume you have not put another link on and had your swaybar reconnect?? I did the same thing to mine, it totally toasted the rubi swaybar internals... Had to get it fixed under warranty.

Yeah its all locked up now... Should i disconnect the other side as well? I don't have any anti sway anyways right now. How long did you go on it, I had about an hour drive home today.

Dave_g

If it flipped u need to set them longer. Making the swaybar level at ride height doesn't always work, especially when u have serious droop.....this happens.
Yeah I know they weren't long enough, but that is what RK gave me in the 2.5 max travel kit. I went to full droop going up some rocks and the next time they articulated i heard a few little pops, what I can assume was the bending and then one loud pop. Same thing happend to my friend with his RK links.

xflstl

Yeah its all locked up now... Should i disconnect the other side as well? I don't have any anti sway anyways right now. How long did you go on it, I had about an hour drive home today.

I had about an hour drive as well... Mine would lock back to a solid bar, but not totally lock into place, and the dash light never would go off... My buddy works at a dealership, he hooked it to there computer it came back with "Swaybar internal failure" or something like that. So he replaced it under warranty, even thou i was running 42's.. I got lucky too got a complete new swaybar setup within 45 days of warranty experation. Not sure if you should disco the other side, I guess it certainly would not hurt anything, so I guess I would, untill you get another link, and make sure there are no other issues.

Dave_g

yeah ill take it off, mine locked up and i didn't have the light at all after though, maybe your's broke when you flipped it:thinking:

rtguy1

They look adjustable....we're they adjusted all the way out or just how they came in the box? Measure them and order some a couple inches longer and u will be good. An evo no limits manual disconnect is in your future. I run it on my rig and love it

Dave_g

They look adjustable....we're they adjusted all the way out or just how they came in the box? Measure them and order some a couple inches longer and u will be good. An evo no limits manual disconnect is in your future. I run it on my rig and love it

Yeah, they were pretty much all the way out, just enough threads as I was ok with being on

Top Bottom