Replacing headlight bulbs with LED bulbs.

BJS11JKU

To replace the headlight bulbs in my 14 JK with LED bulbs will I have to remove the front grille?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yes, but it’s really a piece of cake. Shouldn’t take more than 20 minutes start to finish. I did the same with my JK. Just be prepared for other drivers flashing their high beams at you. The LEDs are bright and everyone thinks I have my high beams on. Whenever it happens, and it happens a lot, I usually respond with a polite flash back of my actual high beams. That seems to set them straight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BaddestCross

Yes, but it’s really a piece of cake. Shouldn’t take more than 20 minutes start to finish. I did the same with my JK. Just be prepared for other drivers flashing their high beams at you. The LEDs are bright and everyone thinks I have my high beams on. Whenever it happens, and it happens a lot, I usually respond with a polite flash back of my actual high beams. That seems to set them straight.

If people are flashing you, you need to adjust the lights better. Properly aimed, LED lights shouldn't bother anyone.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
I didn't need to completely remove my grill.. Just the clips on top and it moved out enough to do the change. Also you can (and should) adjust the beam height so it the right height (less people flashing ). You'll still get some.

sipafz

Caught the Bug

Umm, sounds like you might want to follow your own advice:

TECH TIP : Jeep JK Wrangler Headlight Adjustment

https://wayalife.com/showpost.php?p=48183

I would think it’s a bit embarrassing to have to “set others straight” all the time?

Bear_JT

Hooked
It really is a piece of cake to adjust your headlights properly. You won’t have to flash anyone or be flashed. You also see way better with your light where it should be.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

ammojustin

I pulled the Jeep about ten foot from the closed garage and adjusted them from there my truck is roughly the same height so I just just that as my reference point. Now there are straight and haven’t been flashed. IMG_0012.jpg they look amazing now. And I can see so much better now.

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
I pulled the Jeep about ten foot from the closed garage and adjusted them from there my truck is roughly the same height so I just just that as my reference point. Now there are straight and haven’t been flashed. View attachment 315214 they look amazing now. And I can see so much better now.

I think your supposed to be 20ft away when adjusting them. Follow the steps in the link above really good information

Top Bottom