Radiator drip- now what

zimm

Caught the Bug
So I've been getting random pink antifreeze drip/drops on my garage floor. I checked all over and I'm getting a drip from the lower driver's side radiator tank. I did a search and of course I'm far from the only one. I'm out of warranty. Should I get a crown replacement or up the ante and get a fabricated aluminum job? If so, who makes a good one for the 3.6?

Edit- how disappointing. Of all the aftermarket crap for JK's, it seems the best option is a rock auto Spectrum $87 replacement. Bummer.

Last edited:

black pearl

Hooked
So I've been getting random pink antifreeze drip/drops on my garage floor. I checked all over and I'm getting a drip from the lower driver's side radiator tank. I did a search and of course I'm far from the only one. I'm out of warranty. Should I get a crown replacement or up the ante and get a fabricated aluminum job? If so, who makes a good one for the 3.6?

I just did the radiator in mine. I went with a OEM style replacement, for about $100 shipped. I didn't feel it was necessary to get a full aluminum, as it's going to work the same as the OEM style.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
Yup, just ordered the Spectrum for $101 shipped. 42k miles on a stock radiator is B.S. I read through the moshimoto or whatever those are called, and apparently JK's get so much frame twist that the aftermarket aluminum jobs can't handle the tweaking.

Exodus 4x4

Actually, there might be a solution. When we were still using Pentastar fans on the LS swaps, Robbie made a mount that worked in the the same slots as factory reservoir but used an aluminum tank. We’ve since switched to the Camaro fans and use a different mount. I don’t know if I have one laying around but you could call MoTech and ask them. I can almost guarantee you they have them and the tanks.

Disregard. For some reason I read that as the overflow reservoir.

black pearl

Hooked
Yup, just ordered the Spectrum for $101 shipped. 42k miles on a stock radiator is B.S. I read through the moshimoto or whatever those are called, and apparently JK's get so much frame twist that the aftermarket aluminum jobs can't handle the tweaking.

[emoji23][emoji23] I had just under 40k when mine started to actually leak. I could smell the start for some time but never got a drip. Hopefully this one last longer.

JKbrick

IMG_4632.JPG
The last time the Grand was in for an oil change the dealer told me the radiator was spewing coolant and it would be $1000 to replace it. I said it wasn’t spewing when I dropped it off so just change the oil, this is what I found when I got back home

Top Bottom