Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hobbies and Interests (besides Jeeps)

Been Around the Block shadowpaige64507's Avatar
    I think I have to many hobbies and I'm sure my wife would agree. That is why I turn into a ghost on this forum from time to time. I tend to go full throttle into on hobby at a time.

Hobbies:
    Jeeps
    Beer Brewing
    Woodworking
    Hunting/Fishing
    Golf

Quote Originally Posted by sipafz View Post
    I donít know if DIY is a hobby, but it seams like I always have something going on. The latest is an on the cheap kitchen refresh.

Wall paint, cabinet paint / wax and tile.
    Looks good. We're going to be painting our cabinets soon. Any tips/tricks that saved time or made it easier?
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Hooked
    A lot of my hobbies are travel orientated.

I love to off road, and be away from the society. Mind you I love people, but there is nothing like out with just a few people and away from the hustle and bustle.

I have been trail riding dirt bikes, ATVs and SxS, snowmobiles and Jeeps. There is nothing better. I am not necessarily hooked on one type over the other. To me it is about the adventure that comes with each vehicle and the views.

I started doing trails as a little kid. Had my kids riding dirt bikes on the trail at age 3.

I like sport touring on motorcycles. I am a member of the Ironbutt association. This means doing a documented 1000+ mile motorcyle ride in less than 24 hours. I have done 1277 miles in one day on a motorcycle. I will often ride extreme distances for a meal or a specific view or sight.

I love shooting guns. I have over 75,000 rounds through a 1911 Springfield Trophy Match pistol, over 200,000 rounds through a Browning buckmark .22 pistol and thousands through other guns. So yes, I do reload with a Dillion 650 press.

Love to camp, with a motor home, with a tent, with a hammock or sometimes just a tarp. I stealth camp with my motorcycle a lot in the past. Literally pull off into a secluded place, a field, a wooded lane, someplace not easily seen, run a tarp from my handlebar and the back of the bike to the ground, lay on said ground and sleep. We even horse camp. We have done the Shore to Shore horse ride in Michigan twice. This is a 11 day horse ride by trail a cross Michigan from one Great Lake to another Great Lake. We did the Lake Huron to Lake Michigan trip. The wife did the riding, I moved camp each day.

So many of my hobbies involve travel. I like to hike, but usually only do that when we are out west traveling in National Parks. Did do Angel Landing this year and many other day hikes while touring the west.

Last of all, I like to go to the gym. I power lifted for many years, but as I got older, now I just swim, bike and do lighter weights as I try and keep my joints healthy. Getting older sucks, but it is not as bad as the alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    ^^ Looks nice! We've been kicking a refresh around too. House is 20 years old now and needs a little TLC. Was the tile a pain in the ass to put up?
    Thanks! This is my first time working with tile and itís pretty easy. Time consuming, because Iím slow AF, but easy. The tile is small subway 3Ē x 6Ē so I bought a cheap $50 plastic wet saw which cuts good, but itís a mess and itís been too cold outside to use. The last section I did all the cutting with an ultrasonic saw. Itís not fast, but the mess is minimal and I can do it in the garage. The tile has the spacing built right in which is awesome. Iím about halfway done with laying the tile and I still need to grout.

Painting the cabinets is a PITA though. My wife insisted on using Annie Sloan chalk paint which is expensive at $40/qt., but itís been turning out nice.

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Looks good. We're going to be painting our cabinets soon. Any tips/tricks that saved time or made it easier?
    Nope, itís just a time consuming pain in the ass! Iím using Annie Sloan chalk paint at $40/qt., 2 coats. Iíve been hitting the corners and tight spots with a brush and then rolling the rest for the first coat. The inside of the doors were rolled for the second coat, but everything else that shows was brushed to prevent an orange peel look. The chalk paint has a flat finish. To get a sheen you apply multiple coats of Annie Sloan wax. My wife insisted on this process and while Iím happy with the results, itís labor intensive. If I had my way, I would have used a premium Behr paint in a satin finish for $50/gal. and sprayed the doors. I was overruled!

Fishing, cooking, guitar and drinking...not necessarily in that order...

Nothing but a Thing Red Knight15's Avatar
    IMG_1584.jpg
    I have these 2 money pits.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Flyfishing and Jeeping. Oh, And the never ending renovation to my house to keep my wife happy so I can go Flyfishing and jeeping!

Image1543443461.648296.jpg

Just finished building her a craft room in the attic just in time for Christmas

2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Hooked
    Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    Flyfishing and Jeeping. Oh, And the never ending renovation to my house to keep my wife happy so I can go Flyfishing and jeeping!

Image1543443461.648296.jpg

Just finished building her a craft room in the attic just in time for Christmas

A craft room??? For Craft Beer? Well probably not that craft. Probably the art and craft stuff. I understand. My wife has a craft room. Of course she uses the living room most of the time. Crafty women make great partners.

Quote Originally Posted by wibornz View Post
    A craft room??? For Craft Beer? Well probably not that craft. Probably the art and craft stuff. I understand. My wife has a craft room. Of course she uses the living room most of the time. Crafty women make great partners.
    I wish!! Just wrapping presents and hiding from the kids. Thatís her sanctuary and the garage is mine. Gotta keep it fair

2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast