Hobbies and Interests (besides Jeeps)

Jsouder53

Hooked
Just recently my wife I decided to train our huskies up to be sled/skijore dogs. Just ordered Bear’s harness the other day since he is close to being full size already and we will eventually get Yeti a harness once she gets bigger! Can’t wait to begin their training!

What is everyone else’s hobbies and interests besides Jeeps?

WJCO

Meme King
#1 I've always been into landscaping. At a young age, when I got in trouble, my parents made me work on the yard to 'pay my debt' and it's stuck with me. Now I enjoy it for fun. Every house I've owned, I've spent time on landscaping projects and really enjoy it. Especially water features.

#2 Poker. Love No Limit Holdem Poker.

#3 Welding and working with metal.

WiscoHR

I spend my free time looking at parts and planning my dream Jeep. I have built so many in my mind. Wish I had the funds to make them realities. I have a plan in my mind for most models. CJs, YJs, TJs. I need another hobby or the funds to build them.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I don’t know if DIY is a hobby, but it seams like I always have something going on. The latest is an on the cheap kitchen refresh.

From this:

IMG_8059.jpg

IMG_8057.jpg

To this:

IMG_8080.jpg

IMG_8067.jpg

IMG_8169.jpg

Wall paint, cabinet paint / wax and tile.

Ddays

Hooked
^^ Looks nice! We've been kicking a refresh around too. House is 20 years old now and needs a little TLC. Was the tile a pain in the ass to put up?

I think I have to many hobbies and I'm sure my wife would agree. That is why I turn into a ghost on this forum from time to time. I tend to go full throttle into on hobby at a time.

Hobbies:
Jeeps
Beer Brewing
Woodworking
Hunting/Fishing
Golf

WJCO

Meme King
I don’t know if DIY is a hobby, but it seams like I always have something going on. The latest is an on the cheap kitchen refresh.

Wall paint, cabinet paint / wax and tile.

Looks good. We're going to be painting our cabinets soon. Any tips/tricks that saved time or made it easier?

wibornz

A lot of my hobbies are travel orientated.

I love to off road, and be away from the society. Mind you I love people, but there is nothing like out with just a few people and away from the hustle and bustle.

I have been trail riding dirt bikes, ATVs and SxS, snowmobiles and Jeeps. There is nothing better. I am not necessarily hooked on one type over the other. To me it is about the adventure that comes with each vehicle and the views.

I started doing trails as a little kid. Had my kids riding dirt bikes on the trail at age 3.

I like sport touring on motorcycles. I am a member of the Ironbutt association. This means doing a documented 1000+ mile motorcyle ride in less than 24 hours. I have done 1277 miles in one day on a motorcycle. I will often ride extreme distances for a meal or a specific view or sight.

I love shooting guns. I have over 75,000 rounds through a 1911 Springfield Trophy Match pistol, over 200,000 rounds through a Browning buckmark .22 pistol and thousands through other guns. So yes, I do reload with a Dillion 650 press.

Love to camp, with a motor home, with a tent, with a hammock or sometimes just a tarp. I stealth camp with my motorcycle a lot in the past. Literally pull off into a secluded place, a field, a wooded lane, someplace not easily seen, run a tarp from my handlebar and the back of the bike to the ground, lay on said ground and sleep. We even horse camp. We have done the Shore to Shore horse ride in Michigan twice. This is a 11 day horse ride by trail a cross Michigan from one Great Lake to another Great Lake. We did the Lake Huron to Lake Michigan trip. The wife did the riding, I moved camp each day.

So many of my hobbies involve travel. I like to hike, but usually only do that when we are out west traveling in National Parks. Did do Angel Landing this year and many other day hikes while touring the west.

Last of all, I like to go to the gym. I power lifted for many years, but as I got older, now I just swim, bike and do lighter weights as I try and keep my joints healthy. Getting older sucks, but it is not as bad as the alternative.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
^^ Looks nice! We've been kicking a refresh around too. House is 20 years old now and needs a little TLC. Was the tile a pain in the ass to put up?

Thanks! This is my first time working with tile and it’s pretty easy. Time consuming, because I’m slow AF, but easy. The tile is small subway 3” x 6” so I bought a cheap $50 plastic wet saw which cuts good, but it’s a mess and it’s been too cold outside to use. The last section I did all the cutting with an ultrasonic saw. It’s not fast, but the mess is minimal and I can do it in the garage. The tile has the spacing built right in which is awesome. I’m about halfway done with laying the tile and I still need to grout.

Painting the cabinets is a PITA though. My wife insisted on using Annie Sloan chalk paint which is expensive at $40/qt., but it’s been turning out nice.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Looks good. We're going to be painting our cabinets soon. Any tips/tricks that saved time or made it easier?

Nope, it’s just a time consuming pain in the ass! I’m using Annie Sloan chalk paint at $40/qt., 2 coats. I’ve been hitting the corners and tight spots with a brush and then rolling the rest for the first coat. The inside of the doors were rolled for the second coat, but everything else that shows was brushed to prevent an orange peel look. The chalk paint has a flat finish. To get a sheen you apply multiple coats of Annie Sloan wax. My wife insisted on this process and while I’m happy with the results, it’s labor intensive. If I had my way, I would have used a premium Behr paint in a satin finish for $50/gal. and sprayed the doors. I was overruled!

wjtstudios

Hooked
Flyfishing and Jeeping. Oh, And the never ending renovation to my house to keep my wife happy so I can go Flyfishing and jeeping!

Image1543443461.648296.jpg

Just finished building her a craft room in the attic just in time for Christmas

wibornz

Flyfishing and Jeeping. Oh, And the never ending renovation to my house to keep my wife happy so I can go Flyfishing and jeeping!

View attachment 315356

Just finished building her a craft room in the attic just in time for Christmas

A craft room??? For Craft Beer? Well probably not that craft. Probably the art and craft stuff. I understand. My wife has a craft room. Of course she uses the living room most of the time. Crafty women make great partners.

wjtstudios

Hooked
A craft room??? For Craft Beer? Well probably not that craft. Probably the art and craft stuff. I understand. My wife has a craft room. Of course she uses the living room most of the time. Crafty women make great partners.

I wish!! Just wrapping presents and hiding from the kids. That’s her sanctuary and the garage is mine. Gotta keep it fair

Top Bottom