Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JK Airbag Recall

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    Holy shit - that's like live active tracking for them to know you were in that parking lot at that time to have a printed form ready tp stick on your window. That's fucked up man...
    I guarantee they printed it on the spot.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Been Around the Block PokerStogey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jdofmemi View Post
    I HATE that the PDs cruise the parking lots with plate scanners and sell the data to many different buyers, like repo companies for one.

Sounds like car dealers are in on it now as well.

Something is just not right about that.
    LOL

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    I guarantee they printed it on the spot.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Yeah, that makes much more sense. Still, that's spooky. Who exactly is driving through parking lots that has a license plate reader to know this?
    There are a lot of Police Dept's near me that can't even afford these plate readers
    https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...build-of-Gruff

Gruff 2014 JKU Moneypit
    Badger 2019 JLUR waiting for scraps

JK Airbag Recall

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    Yeah, that makes much more sense. Still, that's spooky. Who exactly is driving through parking lots that has a license plate reader to know this?
    There are a lot of Police Dept's near me that can't even afford these plate readers
    I think the VIN plate is visable to anyone. The dealership hires some kid to cruise around looking for vehicles that have recalls. He punches the VIN into a laptop that contains recall service records and they can tell immediately whether youíve had the service or not. I doubt PD has anything to do with this. More likely some enterprising dealership trying to drum up work for the service department. Get you in for the free recall service then up sell you to the $400 injector cleaner service, $500 transfer case flush, etc.

All of my air bags are disconnected...

Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    ... More likely some enterprising dealership trying to drum up work for the service department. Get you in for the free recall service then up sell you to the $400 injector cleaner service, $500 transfer case flush, etc.

Kind of what I was thinking, especially on the service upsell. Just kind of whacky.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nothing but a Thing Angry Aussie's Avatar
    Are the 2012s a part of this recall? I donít think Iíve gotten anything in the mail about it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

if i'm reading correctly, those of you with the Rock Hard sport cage, removing the bar that runs across the dash is all that needs to come off?

I need to get mine in and have put it off thinking I need to remove the entire cage.

Does anyone know if they had to flash the ECU?

Quote Originally Posted by jeeeep View Post
    if i'm reading correctly, those of you with the Rock Hard sport cage, removing the bar that runs across the dash is all that needs to come off?

I need to get mine in and have put it off thinking I need to remove the entire cage.

Does anyone know if they had to flash the ECU?
    I donít think you need to remove any of the cage. The airbags are in the steering wheel (driver) and under a dash panel (passenger). Iím pretty sure the latter can be removed without messing with the cage cross bar.

Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    I donít think you need to remove any of the cage. The airbags are in the steering wheel (driver) and under a dash panel (passenger). Iím pretty sure the latter can be removed without messing with the cage cross bar.

good news! guess i'll schedule it and they can stop robo-calling me twice a week...also just received my weekly mailer reminder

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast