JK Airbag Recall

I've got a '13 JK that has an airbag recall on the passenger side. Does anyone know if the dealer has to pull out the whole dash to fix it?

Last edited:
I've got a '13 JK that has an airbag recall on the passenger side. Does anyone know if the dealer has to pull out the whole dash to fix it?

nope. just the passenger side panel.

Do you have a cage installed? Just make sure they can access the bolt on top.

I have a rock hard 4x4 cage and the top bolt was hard to get to. so i just pulled the panel before i got there so they didn't have to try to deal with it.

mallavoider

What are the years affected by this recall? I have a 2015 and did not receive anything in the mail. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jeeeep

Hooked
my dealer told me they would have to pull the dash off on my 2010 which means my having to take the Rock Hard cage out.

I get an email or mailed notice every 2 weeks now

rubiDave

I've gotten a few airbag recall notices in the mail as well a voice mail or two and haven't responded. Now the airbag cops are following me. Found this notice on my window when I came out from a restaurant after eating lunch. 20191208_120719.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I've gotten a few airbag recall notices in the mail as well a voice mail or two and haven't responded. Now the airbag cops are following me. Found this notice on my window when I came out from a restaurant after eating lunch. View attachment 338568

Crazy they put a note on your Jeep. I have been getting lots of mail and phone calls for the recall also, I need to take care of that.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

Dang that's a bit rediculous. Obviously it's a safety issue and I too have gotten a ton of them in the mail and still haven't done it yet but I have never had more than the mail notices. However I will say my wife got into a wreck in her friends car in a situation where the bags should have deployed and they didnt (slid off the I70 near Vail, CO). Come to fine out the car had an airbag recall and the insurance companies were all poised up ready to go for a lawsuit because of the recall that wasn't taken care of. No charges were pressed given they they were good friends and no one was hurt but its always a thought if for some reason my passenger got hurt a lawsuit is a possibility due to the recall.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

rubiDave

I guess. The back of the card is an ad for the local dealership saying you never have to pay for recall repairs. Not sure if the dealership is just cruising parking lots and running VINs or if they're hooked into the local PDs license plate scanners. It's funny because we were only in the restaurant about 45 mins and the card had my tag # and VIN printed on it.
Dear Lord. Everyone is scared to death of a lawsuit.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
I guess. The back of the card is an ad for the local dealership saying you never have to pay for recall repairs. Not sure if the dealership is just cruising parking lots and running VINs or if they're hooked into the local PDs license plate scanners. It's funny because we were only in the restaurant about 45 mins and the card had my tag # and VIN printed on it.

SkyNet gains awareness with PD license plate scans . Judgement Day

jdofmemi

I HATE that the PDs cruise the parking lots with plate scanners and sell the data to many different buyers, like repo companies for one.

Sounds like car dealers are in on it now as well.

Something is just not right about that.

Ddays

Hooked
I've gotten a few airbag recall notices in the mail as well a voice mail or two and haven't responded. Now the airbag cops are following me. Found this notice on my window when I came out from a restaurant after eating lunch.

Holy shit - that's like live active tracking for them to know you were in that parking lot at that time to have a printed form ready tp stick on your window. That's fucked up man...:shock:

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Wow that’s crazy! I was getting letters in the mail for a few years about that recall and just said one day ok I need to just go take it in. Free repair may as well take it in. They’ll give you a rental car too.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom