Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: JK Airbag Recall

Yes, I agree on the up sale. Twice on recalls my former dealer tried to up sale me for brakes, trans fluid change, and oil change. And once tried to tell me I needed to pay $80 for alignment after the clock spring recall. I then called out the dealer
    manager who watched me align the tie rod to straighten out the steering wheel. Former dealer, since here in So Cal
    there's a Jeep dealer every 20 miles or so.

Quote Originally Posted by jeeeep View Post
    if i'm reading correctly, those of you with the Rock Hard sport cage, removing the bar that runs across the dash is all that needs to come off?

I need to get mine in and have put it off thinking I need to remove the entire cage.

Does anyone know if they had to flash the ECU?
    I'm pretty sure they have to flash the ECU because when I got mine back the tpms light was on. I used my procal to set them to 0 as I don't have tpms valve stems. Also my speedo is off again.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Not sure if they HAVE to pull the entire dash, but my dealership did pull the whole dash out when they did it 6 months ago, I watched them do it.

Wasn't a long job.

As far as the ECU, I'm not sure if they flashed it or not, they definitely pulled the battery while doing the job etc. but I flashed my ECU to stock before taking it in (always) just in case.
    Last edited by ssh6314; 12-11-2019 at 06:40 PM.
    2000 WJ. Retired.
    2007 JKS. Retired
    2011 JKUS. Retired
    2014 JKUR.

Quote Originally Posted by ssh6314 View Post
    Not sure if they HAVE to pull the entire dash, but my dealership did pull the whole dash out when they did it 6 months ago, I watched them do it.

Wasn't a long job.

As far as the ECU, I'm not sure if they flashed it or not, they definitely pulled the battery while doing the job etc. but I flashed my ECU to stock before taking it in (always) just in case.
    damn.

well, i'll take it in and if they tell me I need to remove it I'll reschedule.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234