Rubicon trip 8/5 -8/7 2019

TND333

Anyone interested in a rubicon trip August 5th through seventh next year?

It’s the Monday through Wednesday before Sierra Trek so those interested in tacking Fordyce or other Sierra trek trails can roll right into them.

Starting at wentworth springs Monday
Camp Monday night at buck island
Short day Tuesday and camp at rubicon springs
Head out Wednesday.

Fordyce Thursday or Friday.

Going:
1) TND333
2) Astroman
3) Ruvicon
4) A.J.
5) JKJourneys
6) fiend
7) Sabrinamarcus
8) jdofmemi
9) Abntroop
10) Danford.lau

Tentative Hell Yes:
1) Strodinator

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Astroman

Yassssss!! [emoji1373][emoji1373]

Will be good to finally run Fordyce in 2019! Really enjoyed the Rubicon/Fordyce trip last year (even though we had to stop just short of Winch Hill 1 due to the accident).

Last edited:

black pearl

Hooked
I thought 'brown' bears were grizzlies? We have black bears here, but early in the spring, they are brown which locals call Cinnamon bears. But in Alaska, Montana, I always heard brown bears were grizzlies. :idontknow:

Technically they are the same but grizzlies are considered a subspecies of the brown bear. But on the same note all grizzlies are brown bears, but not all brown bears are grizzlies.

black pearl

Hooked
This is my understanding as well...and the largest of the brown bears are the Kodiaks...
I found it funny that the grizzlies are usually the smaller of the three. I always imagined them to be bigger.

This is correct! Either way I don't want one in my tent. Outside sniffing around and stealing food is close enough.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
As long as they stay out of my tent I'm alright with them. Although it is eerie waking up to the sound of them roaming around the area.

Top Bottom