Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pulling fairly hard to the right completely stock

Fresh Catch

Angry Pulling fairly hard to the right completely stock

Hello,

I recently bought a 2016 Wrangler from a used car dealership. I noticed it pulled to the right while driving, to the point where I have to hold the steering wheel a little to the left and if I let go of the steering wheel I will veer of the road. I told that to the dealership and they said they would do an alignment. They did an alignment and I still had the same issue. They then told me they believe it is handling normally and that I can take it to a Jeep dealership and have them look at it. I then took it to a Jeep dealership and after the Tech drove it, he said it is definitely not handling correctly. They did an alignment and it was a little out of spec, so they brought it back into spec. I then drove it and after about 5 minutes of driving and hitting a couple bumps it started pulling to the right again just like it was before. So I brought it back to Jeep and this time the Tech drove it and said its handling fine. I then asked my rep to drive it and he said he noticed it pulled to the right, but only on crowned roads, and it did the same to the left side (Which doesn't happen with me). He said it's fine on flat roads. He also said that he talked to another Tech there and he said that's typical for Wranglers. I talked to a coworker with a Wrangler JKU and he said it shouldn't be doing that, he can let go of the steering wheel on the highway and stay straight, where when I do that I veer off into the bar pit.

I was wondering if anyone has advice on what I should do, or if this is normal?

Thank you.

I would tell them to pay to get to the bottom of the problem or give you your money back. All jeeps don’t normally pull to the right. Get the manager in the passenger seat and take him for a ride and let go of the wheel at about 70 mph

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Is it stock? Lifted? Mud Tires?

I didn’t have this on a Jeep but did have it on another truck. I’d look at the front calipers. Especially the side that it pulls to. Mine was locking up and not relieving pressure on the rotor which cause the constant pull. Just one options. But let us know if you find anything else.

They're blowing you off. Make them fix it. Not normal.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by JKbrick View Post
    I would tell them to pay to get to the bottom of the problem or give you your money back. All jeeps don’t normally pull to the right. Get the manager in the passenger seat and take him for a ride and let go of the wheel at about 70 mph

Quote Originally Posted by ammojustin View Post
    I didn’t have this on a Jeep but did have it on another truck. I’d look at the front calipers. Especially the side that it pulls to. Mine was locking up and not relieving pressure on the rotor which cause the constant pull. Just one options. But let us know if you find anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    They're blowing you off. Make them fix it. Not normal.
    Thanks everyone! I’ll talk with them in person tomorrow.

I would also look at the tires themselves. Is one side more worn out than the other side? What about tire pressure. Equal all around? The place that did the alignment, are they familiar with your Jeep? Is it lifted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Locked caliper, mine did this last year

Quote Originally Posted by Parks34 View Post
    Locked caliper, mine did this last year

What was the solution? replace the caliper?

Nothing but a Thing Snboarder113's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jorgelrod View Post
    What was the solution? replace the caliper?
    yup, pretty common, step on the brakes somewhere safe and see if it pulls hard to that side. Calipers dragging happens a lot, hope you get it figured out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast