Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PO6DD code need some help please

Got it to my mechanic today. He pulled the intake off and the filter housing was not leaking at all. The valley was dry as a bone. He replaced the pressure sensor with a new Mopar one. He told me it looks like a completely different design so we're hoping it's an upgraded one that will last more thank 58k. He scanned it to read oil pressures, oil temps, and coolant temps and all checked out. He road tested it and no CEL. I'll pick her up tomorrow and see how she does. Thanks again for all the replies and advice.
    Justin
    2012 JKU

Knows a Thing or Two RESURECTIONJK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jscribn1 View Post
    Got it to my mechanic today. He pulled the intake off and the filter housing was not leaking at all. The valley was dry as a bone. He replaced the pressure sensor with a new Mopar one. He told me it looks like a completely different design so we're hoping it's an upgraded one that will last more thank 58k. He scanned it to read oil pressures, oil temps, and coolant temps and all checked out. He road tested it and no CEL. I'll pick her up tomorrow and see how she does. Thanks again for all the replies and advice.
    Justin
    Awesome to hear it wasn’t something worse. Good luck going forward!

Well SHIT! Back to the drawing board. The wife picked it up and 5 minutes later yep...... CEL PO6DD! My mechanic ran the scan tool and everything shows good. He said the light is set to kick on at 6psi oil pressure. He said it's not dropping past 31 psi on his scanner. He did find the air inlet sensor was showing 168 degrees. he's gonna change that since the computer takes into account oil temp, coolant temp, PSI etc... I'm not hopeful that's it. It just doesn't seem like a mechanical issue like the oil pump since it's so hit and miss. He's going to check the wiring harness to ensure no grounded wires etc.... Any other suggestions on what's next? If we follow the Jeep TSB the oil pump is next. Thanks
    Justin
    2012 JKU

I agree, Don't think it's the oil pump. Bad wire is possible. Are you running a Flashcal or something for tire size correction? I think it's possible that some Jeeps can be a little glitchey running these. Easy enough to reset to stock for a while and see if it goes away.
    HAPPYTRAILS

Quote Originally Posted by rmilobrown View Post
    I agree, Don't think it's the oil pump. Bad wire is possible. Are you running a Flashcal or something for tire size correction? I think it's possible that some Jeeps can be a little glitchey running these. Easy enough to reset to stock for a while and see if it goes away.
    I’m running the AEV Procal. I didn’t think about that. I read something last night that recommended the PCM be reprogrammed? Is that something only a dealer can do? I’m trying to avoid the dealer as I’m not real trusting of them and their prices are ridiculous. My mechanic is awesome he just hasn’t worked on many Jeeps especially with this specific issue.
    2012 JKU

That is what I'm getting at. If you reset your Procal to factory settings, you are reprogramming the PCM. Worth a shot!
    HAPPYTRAILS

We did some more research and there is a solenoid in the pump. That's the part that goes bad I guess. Not the actual mechanical part of the pump. Unfortunately you need to pull the pump to get to it. i found a replacement solenoid but I'm going to replace the pump which comes with the new solenoid. I'm going with a Melling pump as they make good products and I don't trust the Mopar shit since it already went out at 58k. About a $500 job at my mechanic so I'll post up next week when we get it all done. Fingers crossed!!
    2012 JKU

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12