Hello from SW Washington

bhaner

Looks like we have a bunch of the same parts!

Can you take a few more pictures of your mud flaps? Interested to see if those will work for my setup.

Thanks!

bhaner

Yes, plastic, I believe they make it that way for the purpose of guys like me that forget to take them off. A weak link of sorts. They are well built enough for their intended purpose though.
I just looked at your build and am impressed to say the least!! I do almost none of my own work as I have little talent/time/patience and my buddy's shop can always use the work, at least that's what I keep telling myself.
While looking at your pictures I see you have the antirock in the rear....I was unable to install mine in the rear due to the Teraflex mud flap bracket location. I decided to keep the mud flaps and just keep the stock rear sway bar with longer links. I will add a picture this coming up weekend so you can see.
I saw a comment on brakes on your build.....my 80/60 combination stops excellent w/42's. I have a '16 Power Wagon and '14 Cummins 3500 w/AEV stuff both w/37" and the JK puts them both to shame stopping wise. My JK was weighing in at 6360lb BEFORE the 80/60 and larger tires etc. so 6550+(ish) now. Very impressed with the stopping ability of these Dynatrac units.
I called to order the same BAD wheels you have and didn't order due the fact they were out of the balancing rings.....I did get ahold of Centramatic and got a set of their H1 Hummer balancers and installed them with this set up. Completely sold on this style balancer, very smooth and hassle free.
I will look forward to seeing your completed build!!

After I looked up the flaps online I was wondering about that. Just the story of my build! Nothing wants to work together! LMAO! Thanks for the heads up. If I figure out how to make it all fit I will post it up.

Did you upgrade your master cylinder and brake booster? Glad to hear the brakes are awesome!

I had to wait a few weeks for the rings to be ready when I ordered mine. The wheels still make it to me about 5 months before the axles so it worked out.

bhaner

Did you upgrade your master cylinder and brake booster? Glad to hear the brakes are awesome!

No upgrade, stock cylinder and booster. I was skeptical as some of my previous builds had brake issues (my last snow rig was on 46's) but Dynatrac figured out how to make all this work......truly impressed with the braking.

Nice! Now I wish I had given it a shot before I ordered up the upgraded master cylinder and brake booster!

Top Bottom