Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 96

Thread: Where Will Your Final Resting Place Be?

  1. #1
    Addict Brute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    HI & WA
    Posts
    5,188

    Where Will Your Final Resting Place Be?

    While watching President George H W Bush's funeral procession with my wife, we began to discuss our own ideas of how we are going to handle our final resting place. Many will think that this is a morbid subject, and I'm sure there are quite a few on this forum who are of such a young age that this notion would be far from their minds...but those of us who are not spring chickens should have some idea how their last wishes are to be honored.

    For myself, I have changed my mind on where my final resting place will be. My wife and I both agree to be cremated. Originally I wanted my ashes scattered on the reef off Hawaii Kai where both my sister and myself learned to dive back in the 70's, and where my stepfather's and mom's ashes were scattered. I think now I may want my ashes scattered over various trails from a Jeep...

    But most likely I will be eaten by a bear in Russia or Alaska after yelling at it when it pounced on my 30" rainbow...

  2. #2
    Old Timer jesse3638's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Apple Valley, CA
    Posts
    4,392
    I think one of the most insightful things I heard was from a friends 12 year old son. He asked that if for some reason he died he did not want to be buried, but to be cremated. That way if his parents moved he would not be left behind.

    I want to be cremated and have a little bit of me scattered where ever my surviving members of my family want to take me. I'm always up for an adventure and exploring that's why I have the Jeep.

  3. #3
    Nothing but a Thing fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,243
    Cremated for sure.

    Maybe something like this.

    https://youtu.be/u44D3qKKGPU


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  4. #4
    Old Timer wjtstudios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Rochester, MI.
    Posts
    2,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    .

    But most likely I will be eaten by a bear in Russia or Alaska after yelling at it when it pounced on my 30" rainbow...
    That would be the best way to go out! Fish on!
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

  5. #5
    Addict Brute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    HI & WA
    Posts
    5,188
    Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    Cremated for sure.

    Maybe something like this.

    https://youtu.be/u44D3qKKGPU


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    The Folgers can is a nice touch...

    Having had a boat for nearly 40 years in Hawaii, I've been asked to carry many ashes out to sea over the years...I've learned to always make sure the transom is downwind...the hard way.
    Last edited by Brute; 12-03-2018 at 06:18 PM.

  6. #6
    Word Ninja Sharkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    11,223
    Cremated, no pomp and circumstance. My family can do as they see fit with my ashes except hold on to them in an urn or something like that. We have the ashes of about nine different deceased pets in little different wood boxes in a cabinet in our garage. It is a running joke with my wife that I do not want to end up on a shelf next to the cats and dogs.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

  7. #7
    Addict Ddays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Darlington, Pa
    Posts
    7,463
    Ironically, my wife and I had this discussion last week. We're both for cremation.

    I really, really, really do not like the traditional funerals. Besides being ridiculously expensive (name me one guy on this site that wouldn't rather spend $15k on their Jeep instead of a coffin?), I find them much too morbid and sad. Honestly they still give me the willies to this day. The memorial services with the cremation already performed are much easier to attend and makes it easier to celebrate the persons life with others without having a dead body in the corner.

    Funny cremation story: My Aunts boyfriend passed away and wanted his ashed scattered in Lake Erie. As my Aunt was making her way to the car to drive there she tripped on the sidewalk and dropped the urn, which broke and scattered his ashes all over the sidewalk and lawn in front of her house. She went and pulled the hose from the porch and washed the ashes down into the storm drain on the curb! Her reasoning was the storm drain emptied into the lake, so he'll get there eventually!

  8. #8
    Knows a Thing or Two RESURECTIONJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH
    Posts
    936
    Too be honest I don’t think anyone is too young to think about this kind of stuff. We are all living our last day, death just forgets to collect every night and we end up getting another crack at it, but eventually our number is up. I’m opting for cremation and I’d like a little of me to be left in all the places where we created the best memories. Weather that’s in the Jeep on a trail or wherever.

  9. #9
    Addict Brute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    HI & WA
    Posts
    5,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    Cremated, no pomp and circumstance. My family can do as they see fit with my ashes except hold on to them in an urn or something like that. We have the ashes of about nine different deceased pets in little different wood boxes in a cabinet in our garage. It is a running joke with my wife that I do not want to end up on a shelf next to the cats and dogs.
    Pet Semetary?...are the kids afraid to go into the garage at night?

  10. #10
    Addict Brute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    HI & WA
    Posts
    5,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    Ironically, my wife and I had this discussion last week. We're both for cremation.

    I really, really, really do not like the traditional funerals. Besides being ridiculously expensive (name me one guy on this site that wouldn't rather spend $15k on their Jeep instead of a coffin?), I find them much too morbid and sad. Honestly they still give me the willies to this day. The memorial services with the cremation already performed are much easier to attend and makes it easier to celebrate the persons life with others without having a dead body in the corner.

    Funny cremation story: My Aunts boyfriend passed away and wanted his ashed scattered in Lake Erie. As my Aunt was making her way to the car to drive there she tripped on the sidewalk and dropped the urn, which broke and scattered his ashes all over the sidewalk and lawn in front of her house. She went and pulled the hose from the porch and washed the ashes down into the storm drain on the curb! Her reasoning was the storm drain emptied into the lake, so he'll get there eventually!
    I told my sister that I had better die first...otherwise we may dump her ashes into a toilet in Hawaii Kai...it would make that reef in about 4 days..

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Draglink resting on tie rod, could this be a problem?
    By jorgelrod in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-27-2018, 07:50 PM
  2. Final Blast of Advice!!!
    By theilkjam in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-16-2015, 05:12 PM
  3. Final decisions
    By JeepMayhem in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-17-2014, 09:09 PM
  4. NOB alert: what is the best place to place your floor Jack
    By nkijkuit in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-04-2013, 02:02 AM
  5. Final Decision on Steps!
    By RalphTomaccio in forum Jeepin Life
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-29-2012, 11:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS