Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Results 151 to 156 of 156

Thread: Gruff JK is gonna be pissed

  1. #151
    Old Timer wjtstudios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Rochester, MI.
    Posts
    3,744
    Quote Originally Posted by benatc1 View Post
    I don't think you'll be disappointed with the coopers, especially compared to other mud tires. 2 different style if tires here anyway, but my assumption is that is part of the reason Jerry went with more of AT this time around for this Jeep in its current phase of life, not everyone needs a good meaty MT. All stuff to consider.

    BTW, How many miles are people seeing out of the ridge grapplers on Jeeps? My boss has them on his f350 and they are toast, and loud actually, at 18k- but clearly a heavier vehicle. I kinda feel bad too cause while the shop recommended them I also gave them the nod.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I Just put the ridge grapplers on my Ram 3500 with it was delivered the first of February. I've put over 2K miles on it in the last 5 weeks so I can't speak to overall longevity, but there is no noticeable loss of tread when compared to the Spare with 0 miles on it. At the rate I'm dumping miles on it, I'll know by fall if they'll hold up. I can speak to the fact that they are quiet and smooth as hell on the road, have had no issues pushing thru about 12" of snow and have gotten me back into some of my sites when we had a brief thaw and everything turned into a muddy soup bowl and then back out. They are one of the few AT type tires that had the load rating for the HD trucks and Tow really well. So far, they are better than I had expected.
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

  2. #152
    Old Timer benatc1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    2,895
    Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    I Just put the ridge grapplers on my Ram 3500 with it was delivered the first of February. I've put over 2K miles on it in the last 5 weeks so I can't speak to overall longevity, but there is no noticeable loss of tread when compared to the Spare with 0 miles on it. At the rate I'm dumping miles on it, I'll know by fall if they'll hold up. I can speak to the fact that they are quiet and smooth as hell on the road, have had no issues pushing thru about 12" of snow and have gotten me back into some of my sites when we had a brief thaw and everything turned into a muddy soup bowl and then back out. They are one of the few AT type tires that had the load rating for the HD trucks and Tow really well. So far, they are better than I had expected.
    I hope they do well for you, I've only ever heard good things about these tires but my boss is also the only one I know well that has them. Don't mean to knock this tire at all but his we're good normal wear till about 10k with rotations and then melted away. So many factors could contribute though, probably mainly cause it's a Ford lol (I have a ram 3500 too)

    Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

  3. #153
    Old Timer wjtstudios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Rochester, MI.
    Posts
    3,744
    Quote Originally Posted by benatc1 View Post
    I hope they do well for you, I've only ever heard good things about these tires but my boss is also the only one I know well that has them. Don't mean to knock this tire at all but his we're good normal wear till about 10k with rotations and then melted away. So many factors could contribute though, probably mainly cause it's a Ford lol (I have a ram 3500 too)

    Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I hope these hold out well, they ride great. And yes, its probably a Ford thing!
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

  4. #154
    Addict Ddays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Darlington, Pa
    Posts
    8,010
    Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    I hope these hold out well, they ride great. And yes, its probably a Ford thing!
    Hey now!
    Depending on how these hold up I was gonna put a set on the wife's 250HD

  5. #155
    Old Timer wjtstudios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Rochester, MI.
    Posts
    3,744
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    Hey now!
    Depending on how these hold up I was gonna put a set on the wife's 250HD
    When you do, just keep in mind you won't get as many miles on them as you would a Ram!
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

  6. #156
    Addict Ddays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Darlington, Pa
    Posts
    8,010
    Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    When you do, just keep in mind you won't get as many miles on them as you would a Ram!


    LOL, 10 of em

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 63
    Last Post: 02-16-2018, 12:50 PM
  2. Gonna beef up my d30 a little
    By Chevy Dave in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 04-23-2014, 01:49 PM
  3. Gonna be getting rid of my hard top soon!
    By hdawgn40 in forum FOR SALE (Active Members ONLY)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-14-2014, 03:21 PM
  4. So pissed off!
    By AllAmericanInfidel in forum Jeepin Life
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 01-04-2014, 08:02 PM
  5. Is 4wheelparts gonna F@&$ me?
    By MobyJR in forum Wheels & Tires
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 02-25-2013, 02:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS