Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mounting Beadlocks?? Need some help

Nothing but a Thing RESURECTIONJK's Avatar
    Paging Harris

Been Around the Block Steve Williams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    These Coopers are son of a bitch to get over the first bead. They're nothing like Mels video showing him basically throwing them onto the wheel. Those were Nitto Trail Graps and they must have softer sidewalls than the Coops. You're probably doing everything correctly, just that the sidewalls on these are really stiff and the beads are pretty unforgiving. They'll go, just have to keep after it
    Make sure you spray that lube liberally onto the beads where the tire is clamped to the wheel - it'll help squeezing the two together.
    Thanks partner. Iíll keep after it. Those sidewalls are seriously thick and stiff. (I know, donít say it)

Iíll go find the biggest SOB I can find and try again.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

If you can't get your hands on some Ruglide, try using some liquid laundry detergent. Also, you want to make sure that you don't get one side of the wheel all the way in - you want as much of the middle part of the wheel up against the bead as possible. Does that make sense? From there, standing on the wheel and stomping on the edge that needs to go in repeatedly should do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    If you can't get your hands on some Ruglide, try using some liquid laundry detergent. Also, you want to make sure that you don't get one side of the wheel all the way in - you want as much of the middle part of the wheel up against the bead as possible. Does that make sense? From there, standing on the wheel and stomping on the edge that needs to go in repeatedly should do the trick.
    Yep, makes sense, you want the narrowest part of the wheel inside the lip. I'll give it another shot tomorrow with some Ruglide and I'll get a bigger more agile dude to do the jumping. I appreciate all the help.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Williams View Post
    Yep, makes sense, you want the narrowest part of the wheel inside the lip. I'll give it another shot tomorrow with some Ruglide and I'll get a bigger more agile dude to do the jumping. I appreciate all the help.

Thanks!
    So that it's clear, you do not want to "jump" on it. What you want is to "stomp" on it as in, sudden hits with the heel of your foot. Essentially, you want to use your foot like a hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    So that it's clear, you do not want to "jump" on it. What you want is to "stomp" on it as in, sudden hits with the heel of your foot. Essentially, you want to use your foot like a hammer.
    Roger that, thanks. Iíve watched your video about twenty times to try and capture all the subtleties.

Steve, how big of a hurry are you to get them done? I am tied up until Monday, but I could help you out Monday after work. It is a bit of work to get them in the tire and even more work to get the lip seated for the ring. The Coops fit a lot tighter than the Nittos I had. Let me know.

Actually now I just found out it will need to be Tuesday night. Let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jkzinger View Post
    Actually now I just found out it will need to be Tuesday night. Let me know.

Tuesday would be awesome partner, I could really use your help. Put Tuesday on your calendar if you can and Iíll keep trying and let you know.

Sounds good. PM me the details, address etc and we can firm things up!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast