So do I piss the wife off or just keep quiet?

Ddays

Hooked
Ugh. Wife ordered me a Christmas present the other day and on one hand I truly appreciate the gesture, but on the other it's not really what I wanted.
I intended to order a 50qt Dometic Fridge/Freezer but she's a researcher and she went online and after she was done, ended up buying a Costway brand.
Shit. So I know nothing about this brand but the reviews look ok. Whaddya do? Keep it and try it out or return it and get the Dometic. :idontknow: I'm leaning
towards keeping it for peace sake, but I don't want a piece of junk either....

Brute

Hooked
That's a tough one...it is a rather large expenditure...and the money is both of yours (I assume)...if it can be returned without much financial penalty, I'd consider sending it back.

I won't let my wife buy me anything...I've got a dozen floral board shorts in my drawer I've never worn...

Brute

Hooked
Come up with some technical reason why the Dometic is really the only possibility for your needs. Unique dimensions, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Or have one of your friends start a thread saying his Costway fridge caught on fire...I'm sure several other members will contribute...then show your wife the thread...

TrailHunter

Hooked
Be honest... she’ll tell you how it’s no big deal and she wants you to be happy.... then buy her some jewelry because it’s a Lie... Lol

fiend

Caught the Bug
That's a tough one...it is a rather large expenditure...and the money is both of yours (I assume)...if it can be returned without much financial penalty, I'd consider sending it back.

I won't let my wife buy me anything...I've got a dozen floral board shorts in my drawer I've never worn...

What size are the shorts? Post up in the free section?

WJCO

Meme King
I'm no fortune teller, but these pictures just showed up on my screen :idontknow:

ms-cleo-predicts.jpg

fortune_cookie_2.jpg

Bear_JT

Hooked
Keep it and give it a try. If it works, money saved. If it doesn’t work, upgrade later. Holidays are stressful enough. You always have time to argue later about a fridge not working and warm beer and spoiled cold cuts.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
eh, I'd keep it and try it. If it works, you can let us all know. It'd be nice to see other options out. :yup:

Ddays

Hooked
Or have one of your friends start a thread saying his Costway fridge caught on fire...I'm sure several other members will contribute...then show your wife the thread...

:cheesy: That's a good one- last thing I want is for the new JL to catch on fire right?

I can tell you've been married for quite some time ;)

It's on the way so maybe I'll give it a try. At least she bought it through Amazon - they're good with returns.

Good idea Eddie - I will post up some pics. Who knows, it may end up being pretty nice

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
I would keep it try it out. I mean it can’t hurt to try it out. There’s a few things my wife got me for the Jeep that aren’t exactly what I wanted or the best brand but the product so far are working really great for me. Just like my seat covers they weren’t bartact like I would prefer but they were half the cost and are doing the job just the same. And it means a lot coming from her.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I’d keep it and try it if it’s about the same size and options.

My wife is a research nut, I’ll look at something for less than five minutes, which was to long to begin with, make my decision, buy it and move on. She spends hours looking into the simplest thing. But many times in the end found a better product, cheaper, that would have outlast what I would have bought.

Ddays

Hooked
Keep it. She is never wrong, until proven wrong. If it breaks, buy a new one. It may be a winner.

Keep it. Or you will get one of these answers. View attachment 315917

:cheesy: So very true!

With my luck, I’d return it for the one I want then it would have issues. Then I’d never hear the end of it!

I would keep it try it out. I mean it can’t hurt to try it out. There’s a few things my wife got me for the Jeep that aren’t exactly what I wanted or the best brand but the product so far are working really great for me. Just like my seat covers they weren’t bartact like I would prefer but they were half the cost and are doing the job just the same. And it means a lot coming from her.

Yeah, sometimes it's easy to get caught up in the name thing. In the end if this works well I can post up how great this thing is and everyone can save some dough :thumb:

Ddays

Hooked
I’d keep it and try it if it’s about the same size and options.

My wife is a research nut, I’ll look at something for less than five minutes, which was to long to begin with, make my decision, buy it and move on. She spends hours looking into the simplest thing. But many times in the end found a better product, cheaper, that would have outlast what I would have bought.

Right? Mine does the same thing. Oooh look, I found this blouse (don't call it a shirt) on blank-blank site and saved $1.25. Then I got my ebates check and saved even more.
I admire her dedication in trying to save money, but Amazon is great for guys like me with zero attention spans. I can come in hot, get the shit bought with one-click, and be on to something else in a minute:D

98XJ06LJ

Keep it and test it out. Definitely the safe bet when it comes to keeping the piece at home.

Just don't ever make the mistake of buying an off brand kitchen appliance or beauty product if your wife asks for a particular item. This may sound like the same situation..... It's not. They are aloud to buy us the cheaper off brand shit, just not the other way around. Lol 😂.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom