Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: So do I piss the wife off or just keep quiet?

Quote Originally Posted by Edwrds View Post
    Good information your other gauge could be off to and the frigid could be correct. Is that the lowest setting

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Nope, it goes lower. Honestly don't know what the lowest setting is. I'll mess around with it over the weekend some more....

Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    I’m in the same boat with the Ram. It’s 4 weeks overdue from Mexico. I gave up bugging my guy mid December, at that point it was going to go onto 19’ tax year anyway.

Yeah, same here. Could have used that tho...

So do I piss the wife off or just keep quiet?

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    Really quick update on this fridge.. I've had it for a week now and so far so good. Quality is good and it's been plugged in and working since I got it.
    Temp display seems to be a little off tho. Not sure I can adjust it like you can on the ARB. Not a deal breaker at all - so far it's been consistently higher on the
    display by 4*, More pics and better review to come. If someone was looking to pull the trigger on one of these right now I 'd say go for it. And thanks to the wife for saving some dough
    too. Too bad I spent it on a winch plate and Rigid Lights for the new JL

Attachment 317661
    I wouldn’t put much stock into the temp display. It’s probably like a broken watch: right at least twice a day.

I put a recording thermometer in my ARB for 24 hours. These little fridges are either on or off. There’s no middle ground. The temp plotted as almost a perfect sine wave. Cool down, heat up, cool down, heat up , repeat.

As long as the beer stays cold, it’s working.

I set mine at a specific temperature when I first got it and left it for 2 days and then checked for ice in the water. Then I kept lowering it 2 degrees and left it for another 2 days. I just kept doing that until I saw ice in the water. Then I moved it back up 2 degrees. I think mine is set on 27F and has been that way for months with no ice on anything and everything stays cold.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar

So do I piss the wife off or just keep quiet?

Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    I wouldn’t put much stock into the temp display. It’s probably like a broken watch: right at least twice a day.

I put a recording thermometer in my ARB for 24 hours. These little fridges are either on or off. There’s no middle ground. The temp plotted as almost a perfect sine wave. Cool down, heat up, cool down, heat up , repeat.

As long as the beer stays cold, it’s working.

Beer is actually how I found the setting I wanted, on my ARB. I filled it up with water bottles, and a few brews. I tinkered with it, until some of the water would just start to freeze, then bumped it up a degree or two.

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    I set mine at a specific temperature when I first got it and left it for 2 days and then checked for ice in the water. Then I kept lowering it 2 degrees and left it for another 2 days. I just kept doing that until I saw ice in the water. Then I moved it back up 2 degrees. I think mine is set on 27F and has been that way for months with no ice on anything and everything stays cold.
    Same here.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Build Thread-- http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3...l-II-The-Deuce

Thanks for the update on the fridge and, as others have said, I wouldn't pay too much attention to the temp display other than to know where you want it at to give you what you need. My ARB's are old and can't be adjusted and they've never been right.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678