Thread: Spare wheel

Spare wheel

I have fitted 35/12.5/17 Maxxis Bighorn M/T tires to my Rubicon with aftermarket rims. I didn't upgrade the spare which could be a major problem if I have a flat.
    Is it possible to fit a Cooper STT 35/12.5/17 (which I have lying around)to the OEM rim strictly for a spare wheel?
    If I ever had to use the spare wheel would there be a problem with back spacing etc?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyP View Post
    I have fitted 35/12.5/17 Maxxis Bighorn M/T tires to my Rubicon with aftermarket rims. I didn't upgrade the spare which could be a major problem if I have a flat.
    Is it possible to fit a Cooper STT 35/12.5/17 (which I have lying around)to the OEM rim strictly for a spare wheel?
    If I ever had to use the spare wheel would there be a problem with back spacing etc?
    Yes you can, I'm running coopers stt 315's(metric 35) mounted on stock wheels now

The tire will fit the rim but you will need a wheel spacer to mount it up to the Jeep. You can usually find someone selling used spacers for a good deal and just mount the spacer to your spare mount.
    15 JKU Willys
    KMC XD 232 Beadlocks
    Milestar Patagonia M/T 35"
    EVO Enforcer 3"
    EVO Boatside Bombers
    EVO ProTek Skids
    EVO Tire Carrier

If you don't own a Jeep you don't understand

Quote Originally Posted by StewiesJK View Post
    The tire will fit the rim but you will need a wheel spacer to mount it up to the Jeep. You can usually find someone selling used spacers for a good deal and just mount the spacer to your spare mount.
    Absolutely, forgot to mention the spacers!

Great stuff, thanks guys. Fortunately I have a set of 4 spacers lying on a shelf in the garage, so no problem there. This is great news and I appreciate your input.