Spare wheel

TonyP

I have fitted 35/12.5/17 Maxxis Bighorn M/T tires to my Rubicon with aftermarket rims. I didn't upgrade the spare which could be a major problem if I have a flat.
Is it possible to fit a Cooper STT 35/12.5/17 (which I have lying around)to the OEM rim strictly for a spare wheel?
If I ever had to use the spare wheel would there be a problem with back spacing etc?

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
I have fitted 35/12.5/17 Maxxis Bighorn M/T tires to my Rubicon with aftermarket rims. I didn't upgrade the spare which could be a major problem if I have a flat.
Is it possible to fit a Cooper STT 35/12.5/17 (which I have lying around)to the OEM rim strictly for a spare wheel?
If I ever had to use the spare wheel would there be a problem with back spacing etc?

Yes you can, I'm running coopers stt 315's(metric 35) mounted on stock wheels now

CrazyTrainJK

Caught the Bug
The tire will fit the rim but you will need a wheel spacer to mount it up to the Jeep. You can usually find someone selling used spacers for a good deal and just mount the spacer to your spare mount.

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
The tire will fit the rim but you will need a wheel spacer to mount it up to the Jeep. You can usually find someone selling used spacers for a good deal and just mount the spacer to your spare mount.

Absolutely, forgot to mention the spacers!

TonyP

Great stuff, thanks guys. Fortunately I have a set of 4 spacers lying on a shelf in the garage, so no problem there. This is great news and I appreciate your input.

Top Bottom