Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 97

Thread: Disaster averted

  1. #21
    Old Timer fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,700

    Disaster averted

    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Any abnormal symptoms or did you just happen to randomly see it when you were doing an inspection?
    Lately I had been noticing a little looseness in the steering. Nothing too serious. Like you get with zero toe. I checked the ball joints a few weeks ago and they definitely seemed worn out using the standard test methods. I saw a little extra camber and figured it was the worn ball joints. Iíve had some prosteers sitting in my garage for a while, waiting to be installed. But I wasnít having any death wobble, and the Jeep otherwise felt pretty good, so I havenít been too motivated to do the swap. Iím motivated now though.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Last edited by fiend; 12-10-2018 at 12:45 AM.

  2. #22
    Old Timer BaddestCross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Palmdale, CA
    Posts
    4,764
    Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    Nothing I can recall. Iím not out there slinging back Bud Lights and jumping the thing. Just normal wheeling. Crawling mostly.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Yeah, it's Heineken or Pacifico. 😂

    --
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

  3. #23
    Old Timer BaddestCross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Palmdale, CA
    Posts
    4,764
    Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    Lately I had been noticing a little looseness in the steering. Nothing too serious. Like you get with zero toe. I checked the ball joints a few weeks ago and they definitely seemed worn out using the standard test methods. I saw a little extra camber and figured it was the worn ball joints. Iíve had some prosteers sitting in my garage for a while, waiting to be installed. But I wasnít having any death wobble, and the Jeep otherwise felt pretty good, so I havenít been too motivated to do the swap. Iím motivated now though.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Well, it should be pretty easy to press in some new ball joints now. 😎

    --
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

  4. #24
    Old Timer Jsouder53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Gallatin Gateway, Montana
    Posts
    2,681
    Glad you made it home safely and it didnít bust apart when you were driving!

  5. #25
    Addict Brute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    HI & WA
    Posts
    5,819
    JB Weld for the win!...

    Seriously, it's a good thing you caught this before a serious hill climb in Moab...

  6. #26
    Addict JKbrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Leo, Indiana
    Posts
    6,502
    Wow thatís scary, if it was the other side I have one I could send you but not that one


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  7. #27
    Addict Brute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    HI & WA
    Posts
    5,819
    I have a set of stock knuckle I took off Brute after I put in some Reid's...but the shipping would cost you...

  8. #28
    Nothing but a Thing Arrcherr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Palos Hills
    Posts
    2,056
    Scary stuff!!! Glad you found it when you did!!

  9. #29
    Old Timer fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,700
    Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    JB Weld for the win!...

    Seriously, it's a good thing you caught this before a serious hill climb in Moab...
    True dat. Could have been very bad.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  10. #30
    Old Timer fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,700
    Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    I have a set of stock knuckle I took off Brute after I put in some Reid's...but the shipping would cost you...
    Thanks. Iím checking out the options. Iíd like to upgrade strengthwise, but they all seem to have the raised tie rod which would be a pain for me.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Pony express disaster.
    By RESURECTIONJK in forum Destinations & Beyond
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11-13-2017, 08:16 PM
  2. The night disaster struck
    By Irish JK in forum Jeepin Life
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 02-21-2017, 07:00 PM
  3. DEAD JEEP - 2014 JK - Superchips Flashpaq Disaster
    By D1EHARD in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-10-2014, 01:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
ďwayoflifeĒ is a moniker that Iíve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS