Internal vs exo????

Oreo_penguin536

Hey all, I searched the forums and haven’t found any posts in this so I thought I’d make one.

I’m curious on what people think of exo cages vs internals? It would be going on my yj but not sure which one to go with. I would be doing all the fab and welding myself with friends who are also fabricators. Obviously exo is more weight but I’m not worried about that much. What I am concerned about is being able to take my hard top off and if I would still need the stock roll bar that came with it.
The one benefit of an exo that I can think of is that if you roll it has endless strap points and the fact that I could build sliders, front bumper, rear bumper and a roof rack in one swoop instead of buying all those different pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Oreo_penguin536

Do it in a way so the back is open just enough to clear the top, everything would have to be a bit higher than normal atleast how I picture it in my head. They have pictures on google of wranglers with exos. You don’t “have” to have an unibody for an exo I don’t think.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Do it in a way so the back is open just enough to clear the top, everything would have to be a bit higher than normal atleast how I picture it in my head. They have pictures on google of wranglers with exos. You don’t “have” to have an unibody for an exo I don’t think.

I’m aware you can put it on any vehicle. I’m saying they should go on unibodys.

Oreo_penguin536

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I have bolt in C pillars in my current Jeep. I ran a full OR Fab bolt in sport cage in my ‘09.

Last edited:

jesse3638

Hooked
Is anyone here running a cage of any sort, Internal or exo? Come to think of it the guys I saw last year I don’t remember seeing cages [emoji848]

Speaking of the JK crowd most who run a cage tend to run a sport cage. Rock hard and EVO seem to be the two most popular. Not sure of the offerings for the YJ. When ever I install a cage it will be one of those two.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Is anyone here running a cage of any sort, Internal or exo? Come to think of it the guys I saw last year I don’t remember seeing cages [emoji848]

Currently running the Rock Hard sport cage in my JKU. Love it. I’d say a good majority of the guys here are running either the Rock Hard or the EVO. Eddie has ran both. He may chime in.

Ddays

Hooked
Here's your D Pillar, Don't do an Exo cage. Unless you're going for that Zombie Apocalypse theme

d.jpg

Top Bottom