Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nitto Trail vs Ridge Grabblers

Fresh Catch

Nitto Trail vs Ridge Grabblers

I have been running the Nitto Trail Grabblers for sometime. I am about due for a new set of tires. I am thinking about switching to the Ridge Grabblers. I run a 35Ē tire. For those that run the Ridge Grabblers or have switch from the Trail Grabblers, how do you like them? Iím on the road more than the trail. It is my daily driver. With that said I have no problem with the Trail Grabblers I think they are a great tire. I am just thinking that the Ridge Grabblers might be better suited for my daily driving needs.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Tough choice to grapple with. Either way, you should grab a set.

Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post

Quote Originally Posted by lgarrett65 View Post
    I have been running the Nitto Trail Grabblers for sometime. I am about due for a new set of tires. I am thinking about switching to the Ridge Grabblers. I run a 35Ē tire. For those that run the Ridge Grabblers or have switch from the Trail Grabblers, how do you like them? Iím on the road more than the trail. It is my daily driver. With that said I have no problem with the Trail Grabblers I think they are a great tire. I am just thinking that the Ridge Grabblers might be better suited for my daily driving needs.
    In all seriousness, from what I'm reading, the Ridge Grapplers might be a better match for your needs.

I love them both. I have the ridge grapplers on my ram 3500 for work and the trail grapplers on my jeep. Both great tires

Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post

Good one!

And OP, I'm also leaning towards the Ridge Grapplers for the JL I have coming in. I have the Cooper STT Pros on my JK and they're great tires, but I want something less aggressive for my DD and also a little less noisy. Like most MT's, they've gotten louder as they've worn down.
    Last edited by Ddays; 12-10-2018 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    Good one!

And OP, I'm also leaning towards the Ridge Grapplers for the JL I have coming in. I have the Cooper STT Pros on my JK and they're great tires, but I want something less aggressive for my DD and also a little less noisy. Like most MT's, they've gotten louder as they've worn down.
    Mudvayne had the Ridge Graps on up at Drummond, I think he liked them, and he seemed to go everywhere everyone else did

I absolutely love my Ridge Grapplers. Granted theyíre all Iíve run other than the stock tires the Jeep came off the lot with. I find theyíre not the greatest in snow (kind of assume an odd road tire would be) and seem more susceptible to hydroplaning but Iím unsure whether this is maybe just an issue with larger tires in general... Iíve got 33s. So far on the trails I havenít seen them keeping me from getting anywhere. Mine is also my daily driver and I could never see myself changing simply due to the silence. The stock duellers (?) were louder even and the girlfriend is thankful every time we hear another Jeep thundering down the road.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnMericaMyCopilot View Post
    I absolutely love my Ridge Grapplers. Granted theyíre all Iíve run other than the stock tires the Jeep came off the lot with. I find theyíre not the greatest in snow (kind of assume an odd road tire would be) and seem more susceptible to hydroplaning but Iím unsure whether this is maybe just an issue with larger tires in general... Iíve got 33s. So far on the trails I havenít seen them keeping me from getting anywhere. Mine is also my daily driver and I could never see myself changing simply due to the silence. The stock duellers (?) were louder even and the girlfriend is thankful every time we hear another Jeep thundering down the road.

I think you have answered my question. I have seen others complain about snow and rain. I live in east TN and there are times we get snow. Our trails get muddy. I think I might just stick with the trail Grabblers. I have never had a problem with snow or in the rain.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Iím In Florida and have the Ridge Grapplers. Love Ďem. Pretty quiet and meet all my needs.work great in the mud, thatís all we have down here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast