Nitto Trail vs Ridge Grabblers

I have been running the Nitto Trail Grabblers for sometime. I am about due for a new set of tires. I am thinking about switching to the Ridge Grabblers. I run a 35” tire. For those that run the Ridge Grabblers or have switch from the Trail Grabblers, how do you like them? I’m on the road more than the trail. It is my daily driver. With that said I have no problem with the Trail Grabblers I think they are a great tire. I am just thinking that the Ridge Grabblers might be better suited for my daily driving needs.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have been running the Nitto Trail Grabblers for sometime. I am about due for a new set of tires. I am thinking about switching to the Ridge Grabblers. I run a 35” tire. For those that run the Ridge Grabblers or have switch from the Trail Grabblers, how do you like them? I’m on the road more than the trail. It is my daily driver. With that said I have no problem with the Trail Grabblers I think they are a great tire. I am just thinking that the Ridge Grabblers might be better suited for my daily driving needs.

In all seriousness, from what I'm reading, the Ridge Grapplers might be a better match for your needs.

JYough

I love them both. I have the ridge grapplers on my ram 3500 for work and the trail grapplers on my jeep. Both great tires

Ddays

Hooked
Tough choice to grapple with. Either way, you should grab a set. [emoji23]

:clap2: Good one!

And OP, I'm also leaning towards the Ridge Grapplers for the JL I have coming in. I have the Cooper STT Pros on my JK and they're great tires, but I want something less aggressive for my DD and also a little less noisy. Like most MT's, they've gotten louder as they've worn down.

Last edited:

JKbrick

:clap2: Good one!

And OP, I'm also leaning towards the Ridge Grapplers for the JL I have coming in. I have the Cooper STT Pros on my JK and they're great tires, but I want something less aggressive for my DD and also a little less noisy. Like most MT's, they've gotten louder as they've worn down.

Mudvayne had the Ridge Graps on up at Drummond, I think he liked them, and he seemed to go everywhere everyone else did

I absolutely love my Ridge Grapplers. Granted they’re all I’ve run other than the stock tires the Jeep came off the lot with. I find they’re not the greatest in snow (kind of assume an odd road tire would be) and seem more susceptible to hydroplaning but I’m unsure whether this is maybe just an issue with larger tires in general... I’ve got 33s. So far on the trails I haven’t seen them keeping me from getting anywhere. Mine is also my daily driver and I could never see myself changing simply due to the silence. The stock duellers (?) were louder even and the girlfriend is thankful every time we hear another Jeep thundering down the road.

I absolutely love my Ridge Grapplers. Granted they’re all I’ve run other than the stock tires the Jeep came off the lot with. I find they’re not the greatest in snow (kind of assume an odd road tire would be) and seem more susceptible to hydroplaning but I’m unsure whether this is maybe just an issue with larger tires in general... I’ve got 33s. So far on the trails I haven’t seen them keeping me from getting anywhere. Mine is also my daily driver and I could never see myself changing simply due to the silence. The stock duellers (?) were louder even and the girlfriend is thankful every time we hear another Jeep thundering down the road.

I think you have answered my question. I have seen others complain about snow and rain. I live in east TN and there are times we get snow. Our trails get muddy. I think I might just stick with the trail Grabblers. I have never had a problem with snow or in the rain.

Thanks for the replies guys.

pbeabout

I made that switch. Trail to Ridge, and I have not regretted it at all. Both are great tires, but you will like the road manners of the Ridge Grapplers and the extra mpg or two I got from making the switch. Offroad, they are almost the same performance. Only places I have trouble with them is coming out of a mud hole right into an uphill, but honestly think I had similar issues with the Trail Grapplers.

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I’ve been considering a similar switch (STT Pros to Ridge). I hadn’t heard before about the ridge grapplers not being great in the rain. Does anyone know if it’s that tire or just something people aren’t used to with these types of tires. In on 37x13.50 and just want something a little less aggressive on the highway. I can honestly say my jeep sees pavement 90% of the time

pop2tu

I run the Exo Grapplers on my JKU 37x13.50x17 never had a problem in wet conditions. Work great in sand. I also spend 90% on street with no issues

Chris1015

Same with some of the other fellas on here, I've only ran a stock set and my ridge grapplers. However going on a couple years of the RGers I've loved them. Over the course, they've gotten a bit noisier but I believe that just comes with the type of tires we run. Nothing significant or bothersome though. I believe there's a JK experience video that Nitto made across Alaska that showcases the tires really well. Would be hard for me to go to another brand at this point.

Top Bottom