Installed a K&N Cold Air Intake today

Ginaryav

I installed a K&N Performance high flow intake kit https://mechanicfaq.com/cold-air-intakes-for-dodge-ram-1500-5-7-hemi/. The install took about 2 hours (taking my time). The fitment was good, and everything bolted up as it should.

There clearly is a noticeable power difference, as well as a noticeable difference in throttle response. Under normal driving conditions, it seems I do not need to push the pedal down as far to get the truck moving from a stop. You can't even tell that it's there. When you step on the throttle, you can feel a power difference, as well as hear the air being sucked into the engine.

My truck has 3,332 miles on it, and is averaging 17.0 mpg on the computer display. After my initial 35 mile drive after install (60% city and 40% back roads) , I am averaging 18.7 mpg on the computer display. I am hoping for a increase in mpg, which is what my main reason for purchasing was (besides increased power when needed). If the 1.7 mpg i saw today was any indicator of what I will get, I will be extremely happy. I know it will take more time for the computer to relearn everything, so I will post back with a before and after picture, as well as my findings in fuel economy changes!

Overall, so far, so good. I would recommend this mod to others!

Last edited:

Seahawkfan

Hooked
I installed a K&N Performance high flow intake kit. The install took about 2 hours (taking my time). The fitment was good, and everything bolted up as it should.

There clearly is a noticeable power difference, as well as a noticeable difference in throttle response. Under normal driving conditions, it seems I do not need to push the pedal down as far to get the truck moving from a stop. You can't even tell that it's there. When you step on the throttle, you can feel a power difference, as well as hear the air being sucked into the engine.

My truck has 3,332 miles on it, and is averaging 17.0 mpg on the computer display. After my initial 35 mile drive after install (60% city and 40% back roads) , I am averaging 18.7 mpg on the computer display. I am hoping for a increase in mpg, which is what my main reason for purchasing was (besides increased power when needed). If the 1.7 mpg i saw today was any indicator of what I will get, I will be extremely happy. I know it will take more time for the computer to relearn everything, so I will post back with a before and after picture, as well as my findings in fuel economy changes!

Welcome! Did you notice this was a Jeep forum.:doh: And don't expect much if any mpg and power. Sounds better though.

WJCO

Meme King
I installed a K&N Performance high flow intake kit. The install took about 2 hours (taking my time). The fitment was good, and everything bolted up as it should.

181gff.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

SLO

Seriously?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
And welcome to the forum. Usually someone's first post isn't a report on a mod that sounds like a commercial. Standby for some harassment.

desrt4x

I must have installed it wrong, When I put the K&N filter on I noticed NO power gain and My MPG went down (we did have a little breeze that trip). Best thing about it is I can clean it.

trailraider

with all this great information, why wouldn't you just wait to post after the computer relearns everything? then you could sum it all up in one post, sound smarter and not leave us hanging in the balance waiting for the real world results. :hmm:

WJCO

Meme King
with all this great information, why wouldn't you just wait to post after the computer relearns everything? then you could sum it all up in one post, sound smarter and not leave us hanging in the balance waiting for the real world results. :hmm:

No shit. I've been at the K&N store for hours today ready to make a purchase. I'm just waiting for this guy to get back to us with the numbers.

Top Bottom