Crown Track Bar Bushing Issue

aermotor

Put on a brand new Crown track bar 5K miles ago and both ends look like this, starting to split and blow out. Is this normal for low miles? Are there replacement or better bushing you can put in it?

Running 37 STT Pros, PR44.

Thanks for any advice.

Attachments

• B0AD8E31-7117-4B4C-AA03-39C49F4A218B.jpg
    B0AD8E31-7117-4B4C-AA03-39C49F4A218B.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 83

WJCO

Meme King
Put on a brand new Crown track bar 5K miles ago and both ends look like this, starting to split and blow out. Is this normal for low miles? Are there replacement or better bushing you can put in it?

Thanks for any advice.

Truthfully not surprised. Unless it's an OEM Clevite style bushing, they just don't seem to last. Aftermarket rubber just seems to be shit. Only aftermarket that really seems to hold up is a Johnny joint style.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug

Thanks for any advice.

The couple crown replacement products I’ve bought have all been shit. Don’t know if it’s just been my luck, but I’m starting to think it’s not.
As WJCO said, if you’re going to replace with stock stuff. Just go ahead and spend a little bit more and buy oem.

Slimebones

Truthfully not surprised. Unless it's an OEM Clevite style bushing, they just don't seem to last. Aftermarket rubber just seems to be shit. Only aftermarket that really seems to hold up is a Johnny joint style.

When I was looking for Clevite bushings, all I could find was Moog brand, all at Advance Auto, Napa, & O'reillys. Where can the Clevites be sourced other than the dealer?

Bustedback

Look into finding a polyurethane bushing to replace it with. I replaced the rubber track bar bushing with a polyurethane one on my ZJ and it made the steering a little more responsive and has lasted for five years without any issues.

Typed by my very own fat fingers on my iPad or iPhone.

JKbrick

Look into finding a polyurethane bushing to replace it with. I replaced the rubber track bar bushing with a polyurethane one on my ZJ and it made the steering a little more responsive and has lasted for five years without any issues.

Typed by my very own fat fingers on my iPad or iPhone.

We replaced the factory ones in 19yj94 track bar with poly. It wasn’t the easiest thing I’ve ever done but they seemed pretty nice honestly. I know he said the worked good and fixed his problem

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom