Drag link options?

PEACEMAKER1

I have been having some dead zone in my steering ever since I installed all my suspension and axels. I think I have diagnosed it to either the stock steering bar flexing a little when I turn, or the joints could be bad. Either way I am going to replace it with an upgraded one. Is there a brand that people like?

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
I'm happy with my synergy one. You can get under the front end and watch/feel for play in each joint as someone else turns the wheel back and fourth just enough to get the wheels to move. Also check the track bar bushings.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RSQCON

You sure its a 'dead zone' in your steering box and not an alignment issue. Check your toe and make sure you are 1/8"-1/16" toe in.

PEACEMAKER1

You sure its a 'dead zone' in your steering box and not an alignment issue. Check your toe and make sure you are 1/8"-1/16" toe in.

Thanks for the input. I am pretty positive it is the drag link. The alignment seems good to me and I am currently running 1/8" toe in. I don't think it is play in the steering box because the pitman arm moves with the steering wheel with no noticeable play. The only play I see is between the pitman arm and the knuckle making me think I should try and replace the drag link to begin with and see if it improves.

PEACEMAKER1

I'm happy with my synergy one. You can get under the front end and watch/feel for play in each joint as someone else turns the wheel back and fourth just enough to get the wheels to move. Also check the track bar bushings.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah this is what I did. I don't see the track bar move at all. Plus, everything but the drag link (and the steering box) is brand new with my recent dynatrac upgrade. My thoughts are to upgrade the drag link and see if it improves and then try to invest in the PSC kit next year to complete the steering set-up.

rubiDave

I just replaced my draglink with one from Core 4x4. That thing is beefy, and fixed my death Wobble.
Core 4x4 makes drag links? I've only seen control arms and track bars on their website. Can you post a pic.
Yeah this is what I did. I don't see the track bar move at all. Plus, everything but the drag link (and the steering box) is brand new with my recent dynatrac upgrade. My thoughts are to upgrade the drag link and see if it improves and then try to invest in the PSC kit next year to complete the steering set-up.

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

The BAD Influence

Core 4x4 makes drag links? I've only seen control arms and track bars on their website. Can you post a pic.

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

You'll have to forgive me. I'm out of town finishing up the last business trip of the year. Long days and too much whiskey at night. As far as I know they do not make a draglink, I replaced my track bar. Oops!

PEACEMAKER1

You'll have to forgive me. I'm out of town finishing up the last business trip of the year. Long days and too much whiskey at night. As far as I know they do not make a draglink, I replaced my track bar. Oops!

It's okay since whiskey was responsible :thumb:

Top Bottom