just put on new axles now im getting codes???

dirtywilly30

I got a 2015 jeep jku. I just swap out my axles to the dynatrac 44/60 4.88 gears after I had it towed over to the dealer to get an alignment so I can get the Adams driveshaft shorten (but to find out I didn't need to ) anyway I got the jeep home to put the driveshaft on and now I got 6 codes that came up and it doesn't wants to go anywhere even with the gas Patel all the way to the floor
u1417( implausible left wheel distance signal receved),
u140b (implausible left rear wheel distance signal receved),
u1409 (implausible left wheel speed signal receved)
po501 ( vehicle speed sens perf) ,
c1014 (left front wheel speed comparative performance)
c102a( left rear wheel speed comparative performance)

any help would be great thank you !

wjtstudios

Hooked
It sounded like it was towed back home.

Try pulling the battery cable to reset the system. Let it sit for 10 minutes. A bad wheel sensor will not throw it into limp mode.

You might try to flashing it again. Something may not have taken.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

It sounded like it was towed back home.

Try pulling the battery cable to reset the system. Let it sit for 10 minutes. A bad wheel sensor will not throw it into limp mode.

You might try to flashing it again. Something may not have taken.

I read it was towed to the dealer for an alignment then he drove it home... ?

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

wjtstudios

Hooked
I read it was towed to the dealer for an alignment then he drove it home... ?

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Could be, but he said he brought it home to put the DS on. Don’t know, but it would clear a lot up if it was drivable after the the axles prior to the codes. If it never ran with out going into limp mode, then there are a lot directions this could run.

So, question #1, did it drive under its own power after the axles before the limp mode set in?

dirtywilly30

Could be, but he said he brought it home to put the DS on. Don’t know, but it would clear a lot up if it was drivable after the the axles prior to the codes. If it never ran with out going into limp mode, then there are a lot directions this could run.

So, question #1, did it drive under its own power after the axles before the limp mode set in?

yes I did tow it back home bc I need to but on the rear driveshaft in. it did drive to the end of my driveway lol before it went into limp mode, ive flashed it twice now. when I shut it off and went a few mins and try again feels fine then get a little passed the driveway is gos back to limp mode

BaddestCross

yes I did tow it back home bc I need to but on the rear driveshaft in. it did drive to the end of my driveway lol before it went into limp mode, ive flashed it twice now. when I shut it off and went a few mins and try again feels fine then get a little passed the driveway is gos back to limp mode
Alright then... It could very well be the computer not understanding the gears. You sure they installed 4.88s? 😎

--

wjtstudios

Hooked

Yeah, it takes a bit of rolling length for the computer get confused. Something is definitely off. It could be the gear ratio not being programmed correctly or the tone rings not meeting spec. I can’t believe a speed sensor would shut it down like that. I’ve run mine with the sensor wires ripped off and it was fine other than the dash lights.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug

Are you sure all they did was the alignment? And if so, had you already programmed the 4:88s into the computer when you took it in? I remember a while back when people that used Superchips products for gearing/etc. and would take it to the dealer, and didn’t return their settings back to factory. The dealers would plug in the computer, somehow override the Superchips tune, and would fry the ecu or something of that nature. Which meant you were fucked and had to get a new ecu.

dirtywilly30

Are you sure all they did was the alignment? And if so, had you already programmed the 4:88s into the computer when you took it in? I remember a while back when people that used Superchips products for gearing/etc. and would take it to the dealer, and didn’t return their settings back to factory. The dealers would plug in the computer, somehow override the Superchips tune, and would fry the ecu or something of that nature. Which meant you were fucked and had to get a new ecu.

That would suck ass lol

rogerk93

That would suck ass lol

All the dealer does is flashes the computer back to stock with any updates every time you bring it in for service, that causes the superchips or what ever tune you have to erase and it will lock out your superchip. You will know if this happens by plugging your superchip in the obd2 and it will say that the superchips is already assigned to another vehicle and won’t let you do anything. Inorder to unlock it you have to call superchip to send you an unlock code. It won’t fry your computer the dealer just resets it and updates it nothing more. I know this because it has happened to me before I knew better.

nbunga

Caught the Bug
It’s obvious the new axles are not compatible with your particular Jeep. Go ahead and pull them off and crate them up, ship them to me, I’ll pm you my address, once I get them installed I’ll ship you my 44s. Problem solved.
You’re welcome 🤪

Top Bottom