Bottle Jack

SLO

IMG_0229.JPG

Not that bottle of Jack.

Has anyone found a bottle jack that fits in the compartment that the factory JK scissor jack is stored in? I’m sure there are small bottle jacks that would fit but I was hoping for something that actually has the load rating and height for a heavy JK.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

View attachment 317177

Not that bottle of Jack.

Has anyone found a bottle jack that fits in the compartment that the factory JK scissor jack is stored in? I’m sure there are small bottle jacks that would fit but I was hoping for something that actually has the load rating and height for a heavy JK.

You can actually fit a fairly large bottle of that Jack in there. Or several small ones. 🤣

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

SLO

You can actually fit a fairly large bottle of that Jack in there. Or several small ones. 🤣

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Even funnier that I’m on a flight right now with an airline bottle of Jack. I could fit a lot of those in there but all that would really do is drown my sorrows if I actually needed to jack up the Jeep on a trail and opened the back to realize it sounded funny at the time...

IMG_0230.JPG

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
A little pricey but I’ve been looking at picking up this package. The attachments could really come in handy and add safety to the use of a bottle jack.

IMG_0088.JPG

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
I have used the Safe Jack accessories and while they are nice, I feel that they are way overpriced for what they are. Any standard bottle jack will do the job. But as far as one that fits in the stock location I'm not sure.

Steve Williams

I have used the Safe Jack accessories and while they are nice, I feel that they are way overpriced for what they are. Any standard bottle jack will do the job. But as far as one that fits in the stock location I'm not sure.

Agree, I went with just the accessories, and I’m really glad I did. The universal lift pad that just fits our axles up to 3.5 in. dia. should be in every Jeep with a bottle jack. $29 is cheap insurance that says your axle is not going to slip off the jack. Made in the USA. Great customer service too.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

SLO

Good find. Thanks guys.

As for swapping out the scissor jack, I may just have to test a few to see if they will fit. I have a couple extra ammo cans I could use but I have so much crap, I am running out of room for camping gear. Trying to bury as much stuff under the floor as possible.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Good find. Thanks guys.

As for swapping out the scissor jack, I may just have to test a few to see if they will fit. I have a couple extra ammo cans I could use but I have so much crap, I am running out of room for camping gear. Trying to bury as much stuff under the floor as possible.

I would definitely change out the scissor jack. Mine almost failed while I was changing my coils. Now I have a bottle jack behind the seat. It takes up space and i feel it is safer too.

benatc1

Hooked
I have the safe Jack and it is very nice along with all the accessories, I recall it being expensive but got some killer deal back then on a sale they wrte running. Most bottle Jack's will do the job but the attachments are a bonus

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

dillard09

I also have SafeJack stuff. Mine came in a nice red bag. It was pretty expensive but my bottle jack took a shit so I needed everything anyways.

Ruvicon

I bought a 4 ton Harbor Freight bottle jack that fits where the scissor jack was. I also leave a breaker bar and socket just below it plus a 7” 4x4 in case I need a spacer. I’ve used it often and it lifts the Jeep just fine and all fits in that compartment.
IMG_7120.JPG

IMG_7122.JPG

jesse3638

Hooked
I bought a 4 ton Harbor Freight bottle jack that fits where the scissor jack was. I also leave a breaker bar and socket just below it plus a 7” 4x4 in case I need a spacer. I’ve used it often and it lifts the Jeep just fine and all fits in that compartment.
View attachment 317209

View attachment 317210

Did you remove the plastic insert that goes on top of the rear cubby?

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I have one in a plastic case. I got it either at Walmart, or Lowe’s. Can’t remember. I bought it, because the case was nice to carry it in the back of a Jeep.

IMG_2955.jpg

SLO

After spending an hour on Safe Jack’s site, I’m sold. I’m a sucker for that sort of stuff but looks legit.

Regarding 6-ton jacks, most have around 6”-7” of ram travel. Is that enough to get the tire off the ground? I know it depends on suspension and how much up travel a setup has but 6” doesn’t seem like a lot.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
After spending an hour on Safe Jack’s site, I’m sold. I’m a sucker for that sort of stuff but looks legit.

Regarding 6-ton jacks, most have around 6”-7” of ram travel. Is that enough to get the tire off the ground? I know it depends on suspension and how much up travel a setup has but 6” doesn’t seem like a lot.

This is supposed to work with most 6 ton bottle jacks. Still pricey, but would save someone that already had a jack a little coin.
IMG_2960.jpg

Regarding the jack travel, most people carry a couple of blocks, like a 4x4, or 4x6, and maybe some 2x4 blocks.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not that bottle of Jack.

:cheesy:

Regarding your question, you could get a 2-ton jack to fit, same as the scissor jack but you really want something more robust. Just carry it in the cubby.

Top Bottom