Rear shocks for my LJ

danielk37

Hey guys! I have a 6inch fabtech Long arm on my 06. I have the older Nickel plated rear shocks on right now. One is leaking and the other will start leaking soon.

Should I send them in and get them rebuilt? Buy new fabtech ones? Bilstein? Fox? Any advice on what my best route would be!

I don’t wheel too hard but I wouldn’t mind rear shocks with reservoirs.

Thank you guys in advance! [emoji1591]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bear_JT

Hooked
It all depends on how much you want to spend and what you’re doing with them. I personally run the Fox but Bilstein are decent also as are Rancho. I would probably steer away from Fabtech but that just my personal feelings and preference.
If your not wheeling a whole lot you can save quite a bit of money without going with a reservoir set up.

danielk37

It all depends on how much you want to spend and what you’re doing with them. I personally run the Fox but Bilstein are decent also as are Rancho. I would probably steer away from Fabtech but that just my personal feelings and preference.
If your not wheeling a whole lot you can save quite a bit of money without going with a reservoir set up.

Ya very true. I’m just not sure how actually good the fabtech shocks are and if they are even worth getting rebuilt or to just pick a different brand.

The Lj is my daily but I go out every other weekend up to the snow or when summer comes around I hit trails, sand, rock. So I’m just trying weight my options before summer comes around.

Rear shocks with reservoir make a huge difference? Which one with reservoirs is better Fox or bilstein?

Bear_JT

Hooked
My rig is my daily also and I’m really happy with my Fox shocks ( non reservoir). There is a noticeable difference in them from my experience with Rancho and Bilstein and they’re rebuildable also.
I think the reservoir ones would be nice also.

danielk37

Ok sounds good! I called a while ago about the fabtech shocks and how much they cost to be rebuilt, I believe they said it’s like 100$ per shock verses 250$ for one. So in a way it’ll be cheaper but now I’m debating how long will the rebuild last. Any thoughts?

Bear_JT

Hooked
The rebuild should last just like the original and be fine. It might just be worth the money you save if you were happy with how the original ride was on them.

Top Bottom