Spares and Tools for Dana 60’s

SLO

I am updating my spares kit and tool kit for Dana 60’s and I want to make sure I’m not missing anything.

The D60’s are Fusion King Pins with Yukon hubs. I know I’ll need hex keys/bits to service the hubs and long snap ring pliers (Knipex 4911A3) for the external snap ring. Are there any specialty sockets I need to pull a shaft? Anything else i should add to my kit that’s specific to Dana 60’s (obviously, I can see what’s on the outside...I’m referring to things that are internal to be able to do a trail repair).

As far as spares, I’ll swap out my u-joints and I’m not planning to carry a spare axle shaft. I believe the u-joints are SPL55-3X, correct? What about the u-joints for Adams 1350 drive shafts? Anything else I’m missing?

wjtstudios

Hooked
Give Dan from Fusion a shout to get the exact Hex and socket sizes. I have the SF version, so mine are different.

I do carry an extra 1350 u joint and the tools necessary to swap.

Your getting down to the final details now!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Coop

Caught the Bug
Seriously! I’m bored out of my mind with out a Jeep to work on or to take out and wheel. 2 months is too damn long. So here I am...camped out on WAYALIFE. [emoji51]

I thought you would have it back by now! How much longer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SLO

Your axles are Fusion? They’ve been showing axles on IG a lot

I noticed that. I finally got to see them in person last week. I haven’t seen Dynatrac’s XD60’s in person and I’m sure they are a work of art but I was thoroughly impressed with Fusion’s workmanship. I read a lot about kingpin vs ball joints and there seems to be a lot of conflicting opinions but I’m excited to see how they work.
IMG_0189.JPG
IMG_0185.JPG
IMG_0184.JPG
IMG_0183.JPG
IMG_0182.JPG

Coop

Caught the Bug
That looks pretty cool! You will have to let me know how they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom