Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Evo Slider Question

I guess I welded on my EVOs because of the protection and function versus how they look. Never looked back.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Been Around the Block monstrousmac's Avatar
    Get them welded on, trust me. You will not regret it and will not change your mind. Mine took a direct hit at 45 mph when I got T-Boned and did not move an inch and saved my Jeep. I totaled the other car.

Been Around the Block MericaMade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by monstrousmac View Post
    Get them welded on, trust me. You will not regret it and will not change your mind. Mine took a direct hit at 45 mph when I got T-Boned and did not move an inch and saved my Jeep. I totaled the other car.
    Yeah I saw your post a while back and was very impressed on how they held up. They are in the cart now, I'm just hesitating on pulling the trigger before I sell my current Recon ones first.
    2017 JKU
    EVO 3inch, Kings, & 37's

Quote Originally Posted by MericaMade View Post
    Yeah I saw your post a while back and was very impressed on how they held up. They are in the cart now, I'm just hesitating on pulling the trigger before I sell my current Recon ones first.
    Some website might have an EVO sale soon.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    I went through a lot of back and forth when I chose the Rocker Knockers because I wanted a step for my wife but was afraid of anything body mounted. How have yours been holding up?

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    They've held up well. The only problem I have had was the front passenger side body mount bolt loosened up (my fault for not checking it). As a result pivoting off of them caused them to flex inward a but pushing the lower part of the 1/4 panel in about an 1/8". Now the bottom of my front fender always pops off. I recently pulled it back out a bit and it seems to be holding on much better. Aside from that they've been great.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    Having welding my EVOs on... I could see maybe making custom larger plates that bolt to the frames face & bottom (L-shape) ... and then welding the sliders to that.
    My Evo Sliders are welded as well, but I think your idea would work great! Good thinking!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jesse3638 View Post
    They've held up well. The only problem I have had was the front passenger side body mount bolt loosened up (my fault for not checking it). As a result pivoting off of them caused them to flex inward a but pushing the lower part of the 1/4 panel in about an 1/8". Now the bottom of my front fender always pops off. I recently pulled it back out a bit and it seems to be holding on much better. Aside from that they've been great.

So do they bolt to the frame as well as the body or just the body? Also, they take the place of the rock skins, right?

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    So do they bolt to the frame as well as the body or just the body? Also, they take the place of the rock skins, right?

--
    They come in two pieces. You attach skins to the body. Very similar to evo's skins. They have a bunch of 90° tabs which the slider attaches to. Then they also utilize the 3 body mount bolts underneath. If you have the regular PS skins the brawler rocker skins use the same nutsert configuration so you'd just swap them out.

Here are some pics of my daughter helping me with the install.
    IMAG0081.jpg
    IMAG0080.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jesse3638 View Post
    They come in two pieces. You attach skins to the body. Very similar to evo's skins. They have a bunch of 90° tabs which the slider attaches to. Then they also utilize the 3 body mount bolts underneath. If you have the regular PS skins the brawler rocker skins use the same nutsert configuration so you'd just swap them out.

Here are some pics of my daughter helping me with the install.
    IMAG0081.jpg
    IMAG0080.jpg

Nice. I do run their skins as well. Don't freak out if I crawl under your Jeep at the New Year run. I'd like to get a closer look at how their frame supports look compared to mine. 😎

--
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

Been Around the Block MericaMade's Avatar
    Anyone live around the Corona area know a good welder or will weld for a sandwich and beer LOL.
    2017 JKU
    EVO 3inch, Kings, & 37's

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast