Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Evo Slider Question

Knows a Thing or Two MericaMade's Avatar

Evo Slider Question

Can the Evo sliders be bolted on? I know and understand welding in stronger but at the rate I change my mind I would prefer to bolt on if possible. Has anyone bolted their slider on rather then weld?
    2017 Rubicon JKU -- EVO Enforcer 3 inch stage 3 with draglink flipkit -- King 2.5 Resi's -- Method Beadlocks -- 37 BFG KM2 -- GenRight Front/Rear bumper and Tire Carrier -- Adams 1350 shafts -- still going

No. If you want bolt on buy LOD.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks for the reply. I'm not a fan anything design-wise LOD makes, just don't like their look.
    2017 Rubicon JKU -- EVO Enforcer 3 inch stage 3 with draglink flipkit -- King 2.5 Resi's -- Method Beadlocks -- 37 BFG KM2 -- GenRight Front/Rear bumper and Tire Carrier -- Adams 1350 shafts -- still going

Quote Originally Posted by MericaMade View Post
    Can the Evo sliders be bolted on? I know and understand welding in stronger but at the rate I change my mind I would prefer to bolt on if possible. Has anyone bolted their slider on rather then weld?
    I don't think the tabs on their sliders are large enough to put bolts through. Also, they don't have the extra bracketry that would be needed to support being bolted on.

Look at LoD, Rock Hard (I think), or Poison Spyder for bolt-on options. I'm personally very happy with the looks and performance of my Poison Spyder bolt-ons.

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    I don't think the tabs on their sliders are large enough to put bolts through. Also, they don't have the extra bracketry that would be needed to support being bolted on.

Look at LoD, Rock Hard (I think), or Poison Spyder for bolt-on options. I'm personally very happy with the looks and performance of my Poison Spyder bolt-ons.

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Same here. I'm running the PS Brawler Rockers. They are a boat side style compared to EVO's

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Knows a Thing or Two Clearskies's Avatar
    I have Poison Spyder bolt on as well. They have really taken a beating and are holding up well.
    The thing I like about EVO's is the stick out just a bit further... a bit more protection and a little bit of a step

Having welding my EVOs on... I could see maybe making custom larger plates that bolt to the frames face & bottom (L-shape) ... and then welding the sliders to that.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse3638 View Post
    Same here. I'm running the PS Brawler Rockers. They are a boat side style compared to EVO's

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I went through a lot of back and forth when I chose the Rocker Knockers because I wanted a step for my wife but was afraid of anything body mounted. How have yours been holding up?

--
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

I have liked the EVOs from day one just for some reason thought there would be a bolt on version or a way to bolt them on.

I will give PS a look.

Check out n-fab rock rails and detachable steps. I made this setup before I saw they sell it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast