Evo Slider Question

MericaMade

Can the Evo sliders be bolted on? I know and understand welding in stronger but at the rate I change my mind I would prefer to bolt on if possible. Has anyone bolted their slider on rather then weld?

BaddestCross

Can the Evo sliders be bolted on? I know and understand welding in stronger but at the rate I change my mind I would prefer to bolt on if possible. Has anyone bolted their slider on rather then weld?
I don't think the tabs on their sliders are large enough to put bolts through. Also, they don't have the extra bracketry that would be needed to support being bolted on.

Look at LoD, Rock Hard (I think), or Poison Spyder for bolt-on options. I'm personally very happy with the looks and performance of my Poison Spyder bolt-ons.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

jesse3638

Hooked
I don't think the tabs on their sliders are large enough to put bolts through. Also, they don't have the extra bracketry that would be needed to support being bolted on.

Look at LoD, Rock Hard (I think), or Poison Spyder for bolt-on options. I'm personally very happy with the looks and performance of my Poison Spyder bolt-ons.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
Same here. I'm running the PS Brawler Rockers. They are a boat side style compared to EVO's

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
I have Poison Spyder bolt on as well. They have really taken a beating and are holding up well.
The thing I like about EVO's is the stick out just a bit further... a bit more protection and a little bit of a step

TrailHunter

Hooked
Having welding my EVOs on... I could see maybe making custom larger plates that bolt to the frames face & bottom (L-shape) ... and then welding the sliders to that.

MericaMade

I have liked the EVOs from day one just for some reason thought there would be a bolt on version or a way to bolt them on.

I will give PS a look.

bholder817

I have poison Spyder brawlers on my Jeep. I love them! I mean really really love them. But if you are gonna play hard. Just an FYI. I dropped onto my driver side pretty hard one time and they did bend/flex whatever you wanna call it. The skin above where she hit pulled a couple rivets out from being flush with the body. Otherwise I am happy with them.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MericaMade

--

Yeah hard to tell with pictures. If you say the holes are not big enough to run bolts through to the frame then I guess that Idea is out the window. Even if you could run a bolt through the frame I don't think there would be enough room on pass side.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
The wholes in the flanges are plenty big for bolts, probably 1/2" or larger. Pre drilling and running bolts through the frame would be an absolute pain in the ass, and would be less sturdy than welding.

MericaMade

The wholes in the flanges are plenty big for bolts, probably 1/2" or larger. Pre drilling and running bolts through the frame would be an absolute pain in the ass, and would be less sturdy than welding.

Ok that make sense. I tend to change my mind a lot so this is why bolt on would be better for me, but I do understand what you guys are saying. If it has not been done or should not be done then welding them on it is.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Ok that make sense. I tend to change my mind a lot so this is why bolt on would be better for me, but I do understand what you guys are saying. If it has not been done or should not be done then welding them on it is.

Trust me, welded on you will not be disappointed. There are lots of great bolt on options out there if you have commitment issues [emoji482]

MericaMade

Trust me, welded on you will not be disappointed. There are lots of great bolt on options out there if you have commitment issues [emoji482]

After looking at a few of the other installs of bolt on styles it looks like you need to drill and tap quite a few holes. Because I have the recon rock rails now I figured others would bolt on similar.
Hell, if I got to drill 10-12 holes in the frame for bolt on's, I would be better off trying that with the EVO's. But like always, and because you guys have kept me in the right lane since the beginning I will find a friend who can weld or just take to a shop to do so and beat my commitment issues .

Exodus 4x4

After looking at a few of the other installs of bolt on styles it looks like you need to drill and tap quite a few holes. Because I have the recon rock rails now I figured others would bolt on similar.
Hell, if I got to drill 10-12 holes in the frame for bolt on's, I would be better off trying that with the EVO's. But like always, and because you guys have kept me in the right lane since the beginning I will find a friend who can weld or just take to a shop to do so and beat my commitment issues .

You won’t be disappointed. Now you have to decide between the high angle or the low angle[emoji38]

BaddestCross

I think you only have to drill one hole on each side unless you're gonna do the boatsides. But you can't go wrong with the EVO sliders if that's the route you choose. 👍

--

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
I’m also considering doing a full swap of rails and skins to Evo . Have barricade rails on top of my Rubicon rock rails now . Thinking getting rid of both and doing skins and weld on sliders may get me more clearance and be better structurally

zimm

Caught the Bug
Why not weld on the EVO's and if you don't like them down the road, you can cut the legs off. I guess it might be an issue if a set of bolts on ones landed in the same place on the frame rail though.

Top Bottom