Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nitto Mud Grapplers

Nitto Mud Grapplers

How fast do these Nitto Mud Grapplers wear out? They look mean but I just didnít know how long they would last.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nitto Mud Grapplers

Depends on the jeep and the tire. What size? I got around 35-40 on mine but had a couple flats that got mixed in the rotation which helped.

That was a 35x12.5.

Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 JK
    1975 DJ5

Nothing but a Thing RESURECTIONJK's Avatar
    I havenít run the Mud grapplers but I did run the Trail grapplers before making the jump to 37ís and I got about 35k before I made the switch to coopers. They still had half the tread on them but did start developing a bit of a pull. Not sure if the Mud grapplers have that same issue. By comparison my STT pros have just over 30k on them and have more than half their tread left. Granted I rotate them as a set of 5 every oil change.

What OverlanderJK said. I ran a set of 40x15.50s and they wore very nicely. I think I had about 30k on mine when I swapped them out and they still had a lot of good tread.

Quote Originally Posted by RESURECTIONJK View Post
    I havenít run the Mud grapplers but I did run the Trail grapplers before making the jump to 37ís and I got about 35k before I made the switch to coopers. They still had half the tread on them but did start developing a bit of a pull. Not sure if the Mud grapplers have that same issue. By comparison my STT pros have just over 30k on them and have more than half their tread left. Granted I rotate them as a set of 5 every oil change.
    Mud grapplers donít have a pull and they donít last as long as the trail grapplers.

Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

2012 JK
    1975 DJ5

I have 40000 on mine 35x12.5. I have rotated all 5 every 3000 miles. Still have decent tread left but will soon be replacing.

They are an exceptional offroad tire, itís become one of my all time favorites. On road manners are surprisingly very good (I donít know about snow packed streets though?), however the tire is obnoxiously loud on the street and highway.....and even worse if you are not dedicated to rotating them every 3k-5k miles. I learned from a close friend who is sponsored by Nitto to run them with much higher air pressure on the street to get more miles out of them (I run high 30ís to 40 psi). I have over 50,000 miles on this set, with a lot of room left for wear on them. Also, the Mud Grappler-ATX/KMC Slab wheel combo I run has never had one wheel weight needed to balance these 40ís. Only a slight vibration at/above 80mph when one of the tires is up front. As soon as I rotate them to the rear the minor vibration disappears.

IMG_2155.jpg

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2009 Black Rubicon Unlimited
    EVO Long Arm w/Envy Links
    EVO Front Double Throw Down
    EVO Lever Rear w/Double Throw Down
    Dynatrac Pro Rock 60's f/r
    PSC hydraulic ram assist
    Mastercraft Baja RS seats
    J.E. Reel 1350 drive shafts
    ATX Slab wheels
    40" Nitto Mud Grapplers

Quote Originally Posted by GCM 2 View Post
    They are an exceptional offroad tire, itís become one of my all time favorites. On road manners are surprisingly very good (I donít know about snow packed streets though?), however the tire is obnoxiously loud on the street and highway.....and even worse if you are not dedicated to rotating them every 3k-5k miles. I learned from a close friend who is sponsored by Nitto to run them with much higher air pressure on the street to get more miles out of them (I run high 30ís to 40 psi). I have over 50,000 miles on this set, with a lot of room left for wear on them. Also, the Mud Grappler-ATX/KMC Slab wheel combo I run has never had one wheel weight needed to balance these 40ís. Only a slight vibration at/above 80mph when one of the tires is up front. As soon as I rotate them to the rear the minor vibration disappears.

IMG_2155.jpg

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Would this be the same if you were discussing trail graps? The pressures and no weights

Quote Originally Posted by JKbrick View Post
    Would this be the same if you were discussing trail graps? The pressures and no weights

Different tires all together. I donít think they really compare having run both of them.

2012 JK
    1975 DJ5

Would you guys run the mud graps again if they were quieter? That seems to be the only thing I have heard negative about them. I am really tempted to run them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast