ARB Diff Covers/37's/Diff Recommendations

Hoosier

I'm running 37's on my 2dr 2017 Sahara with 5.13 gears with a d30 up front and an (E Locker) d44 in the rear. The shop that installed them used Lucas 80w-90 and guaranteed them under normal wear and tear :thinking: I'm now wanting to install some ARB diff covers myself and stuck with what diff oil to use.
I'm thinking the shop that installed them must know what they are doing and should trust them but i can't help to question if there's better options for my Application.
Any recommendations ?

Sorry for another diff oil thread but i can't seem to find any that have recommendation for 37's and up..

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
80W90 is what you'd put in factory axles running factory gears. Nothing wrong with it but with 5.13s, I might recommend running a heavier weight or at least, in the rear.

SLO

I would stick with the Lucas 75W-90 or 80W-90. You could go with something more expensive like Torco and as Eddie suggested, a little heavier. Many places recommend Torco 85W-140 for D60’s when towing or for heavy off road use assuming you aren’t in a very cold part of the country. Looks like you are in Indiana...I honestly think you could go either way.

Edit: Sorry, forgot you mentioned you were running 37’s. You could still go either way but I would at least run 85W-140 in the rear...like Eddie said...so, just read his post. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Exodus 4x4

I always use 140 weight in the rear of anything we re-gear, and 90 in the front. Lucas is good, but if you’re going to change it often then don’t waste your money. Conventional house brand gear oil works just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom