Thread: Winter wheeling in Moab?

Caught the Bug

Winter wheeling in Moab?

I'm planning a ski trip to CO from Los Angeles towards the end of February, and figured I might as well stop by Moab. I've never visited Moab before and only have time for 1 trail, and ideally would like to check out Top of the World before we make our way to Breckenridge. I know there might be ice on the trails depending on the weather, but is it worth trying in the winter? I am in a JKUR with 37's plus steering, axle and brake upgrades, so I'm not concerned about having a capable enough rig. Also, any other tips while I'm staying there? I'm only going to be there for a night then trying wheeling in the morning.

Nothing but a Thing RESURECTIONJK's Avatar

Winter wheeling in Moab?

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDoesThat View Post
    I'm planning a ski trip to CO from Los Angeles towards the end of February, and figured I might as well stop by Moab. I've never visited Moab before and only have time for 1 trail, and ideally would like to check out Top of the World before we make our way to Breckenridge. I know there might be ice on the trails depending on the weather, but is it worth trying in the winter? I am in a JKUR with 37's plus steering, axle and brake upgrades, so I'm not concerned about having a capable enough rig. Also, any other tips while I'm staying there? I'm only going to be there for a night then trying wheeling in the morning.
    End of February youíre on the downside of the weather so you may have a good shot and running a dry trail. If so, Top of the world is a must do. It is a long trail. So if youíre wanting a quick morning run before heading to ski that is NOT the trail you want to run. There are others that are just as amazing and quite a big shorter. Iím in Salt Lake City, 3.5 hours away. I could make a day trip to meet you down there if youíd like someone to go with. Keep us posted. PM me here if youíd like.

Caught the Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by RESURECTIONJK View Post
    End of February youíre on the downside of the weather so you may have a good shot and running a dry trail. If so, Top of the world is a must do. It is a long trail. So if youíre wanting a quick morning run before heading to ski that is NOT the trail you want to run. There are others that are just as amazing and quite a big shorter. Iím in Salt Lake City, 3.5 hours away. I could make a day trip to meet you down there if youíd like someone to go with. Keep us posted. PM me here if youíd like.
    Awesome, thanks. Iíll keep you posted. Iíve always seen amazing shots from that trail, hence why itís first on the list. I wasnít planning on skiing that same day. I was aiming to be able to check into the hotel later that evening and be able to relax.

Nothing but a Thing RESURECTIONJK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDoesThat View Post
    Awesome, thanks. Iíll keep you posted. Iíve always seen amazing shots from that trail, hence why itís first on the list. I wasnít planning on skiing that same day. I was aiming to be able to check into the hotel later that evening and be able to relax.
    If thatís the case then there should be plenty of time for Top of the world. Itís certainly worth taking the extra time no doubt.